Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

Done for now - until I get to see the hero from 2049 that is.

Great blaster no question.

Blade_Runner_PKD.JPG

Real beaut Mark:cool On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the build (level of difficulty, clear instructions, etc)?

Have we seen the smaller 'serial number' by the 'hammer' area / rear sight before?

Attachments

• 20287004_1730477220313504_2823720874529449093_o.jpg
    20287004_1730477220313504_2823720874529449093_o.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 256
Apologies if this is in the incorrect thread, but I'm in need of some assistance... I have a chance to get a Tomenosuke Pro Retail version for $1,200 (the one with the green and brown art box with foam inside). From my understanding it is the one that was released right before the newest 2049 version? Is this a "good" deal or should I take my chances and wait for a new release from Tomenosuke since they just secured the license? Still in very early stages of researching here, and am a bit overwhelmed. There are so many versions, it's tough to tell what is most accurate, etc.

Apologies if this is in the incorrect thread, but I'm in need of some assistance... I have a chance to get a Tomenosuke Pro Retail version for $1,200 (the one with the green and brown art box with foam inside). From my understanding it is the one that was released right before the newest 2049 version? Is this a "good" deal or should I take my chances and wait for a new release from Tomenosuke since they just secured the license? Still in very early stages of researching here, and am a bit overwhelmed. There are so many versions, it's tough to tell what is most accurate, etc.

If you're looking for accuracy... well I wouldn't get the pro, it has an inaccurate matte finish... it's cool, but it's not accurate.

If you're looking for accuracy... well I wouldn't get the pro, it has an inaccurate matte finish... it's cool, but it's not accurate.

Okay, good to know, thank you! Do any of the Tomenosukes not have the matte finish? If I'm not mistaken, It looked like the latest release also had a matte finish? And sorry if it's frowned upon to post the same question in multiple threads...I'm still new to the forums. I'm on a bit of a time crunch with this so I needed to get the question out there quickly ;)

Okay, good to know, thank you! Do any of the Tomenosukes not have the matte finish? If I'm not mistaken, It looked like the latest release also had a matte finish? And sorry if it's frowned upon to post the same question in multiple threads...I'm still new to the forums. I'm on a bit of a time crunch with this so I needed to get the question out there quickly ;)

HCG Exclusive has a more glossy finish and some of the earlier releases too...

Sounds a little on the high side too, but given the last run sold out prices are up again. Wouldnt take much to get the receiver where you want it though. Depends on if you are willing to wait for the next run.

Sounds a little on the high side too, but given the last run sold out prices are up again. Wouldnt take much to get the receiver where you want it though. Depends on if you are willing to wait for the next run.

Ok good to know! The seller provided me with a more specific version that he is selling. Apparently it's the 2013 Pro Blaster Hero Replica World Convention Variant. Seems like I've been researching the wrong blaster this whole time. Do you know anything about this specific model or where I might be able to find more info? I've looked all over and can't seem to find info about this particular model

Ok good to know! The seller provided me with a more specific version that he is selling. Apparently it's the 2013 Pro Blaster Hero Replica World Convention Variant. Seems like I've been researching the wrong blaster this whole time. Do you know anything about this specific model or where I might be able to find more info? I've looked all over and can't seem to find info about this particular model

I wouldn't get thrown off by the vernacular too much. Basically after the WorldCon in 2006 (where the screen used hero was revealed and photographed extensively), all the high end blasters tend to be more accurate, especially the Tomenosuke and Coyles, and the various resin replicas. So anything called a "WorldCon" just means it was modeled on the hero. Before that everyone was pretty much guessing based on screencaps.

If you haven't checked out PropSummit that should be your first stop to reference the PKD blaster.

I wouldn't get thrown off by the vernacular too much. Basically after the WorldCon in 2006 (where the screen used hero was revealed and photographed extensively), all the high end blasters tend to be more accurate, especially the Tomenosuke and Coyles, and the various resin replicas. So anything called a "WorldCon" just means it was modeled on the hero. Before that everyone was pretty much guessing based on screencaps.

If you haven't checked out PropSummit that should be your first stop to reference the PKD blaster.

Ahh good to know! Thanks for clarifying that for me. I've been over to propsummit several times but I guess I'm going to have to continue to dig deeper. Lots to learn it seems. The guy who was going to sell me his 2013 blaster raised his price after I showed interest :/ so I guess I'm back to square one hoping for another release of Tomenosukes. Seems like in the past they took about a year in between each release? Hopefully it'll be sooner now with the license!

Is anyone replicating or selling the new gosling blaster from 2049 yet? Or know where i could get hold of one?

A couple of guys are talking about make their own in here, I haven't seen anything about a run yet. Neca apparently has the rights so they might put something out for the film release.

I wouldn't count on NECA making a full size prop replica of any of the blasters for this movie. Randy Falk, head of their licensing and development, was asked a while ago about doing a full size Pulse Rifle replica from Aliens and he said with the restrictions that govern those kinds of things in the U.S. there was no way for them to do it. He might have also mentioned that he had no interest in doing something like that given the possible problems that could occur with creating and selling a replica of something that looks so much like a real gun.

Given that response I think it'll be up to either Tomenosuke or some other prop manufacturer to get us replicas of the new blasters in the movie.

Yes, it's the same thing I've heard from eFX Collectibles on doing Star Wars blasters. Hope Tomenosuke will pick up the slack.

Is anyone replicating or selling the new gosling blaster from 2049 yet? Or know where i could get hold of one?

I'm starting to 3d model it (K's Blaster), I'm still wrapping my head around how it functions and how it will need to be broken down to be assembled again. I sell a 3D-printed blade runner kit in the project runs, this one will be similar. Will be a plastic kit, you sand, assemble and paint.

Will also make the retina scanner one gun is started

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back