Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

Did they make a shooter out of a Tomenosuke ? He's sure handling it like a firearm. I think the video has been taken down. You made Ridley mad.

edit: okay so looks like they rebuilt a PFC based on the worldcon prop. So the tomenosukes used were not the heroes.

Last edited:
Ahh thanks, works now.

Lol, propmaster hands K blaster to girl: *immediately puts finger on trigger, points at own face and looks down barrel.

Hahaha reminded me of this

rchCsVf.gif

Totally unacceptable of the prop master.
It goes with our saying that if Tomenosuke supplied the blaster he is handling (which I suspect they did), then Tomen should be credited for the work.

Tomenosuke supplied 6 guns for the production. I've known this for some time, but have been obligated not to share it. Know it is out, it's a different case.

Yep , the barrel is blocked and the cylinder has that giant washer cast into it. Maybe
the propmaster misspoke and actually meant they copied a Tomenosuke "bolt by bolt":rolleyes.

Knew something was fishy in the Wited article which made it sound like they built it from scratch.

We all stand on the shoulders of giants.

NOBODY, except the original prop masters, made the original BR blasters. Tomu, Sidkit, FluffY McFluffyFace, didn't made their works without borrowing some amount of content from others. They made their products on borrowed information.

In the beginning, it was some crappy replicas for sale in Starlog magazine based off of vhs on pause. Then the internet ramps up and the original parts come to surface.

Gradually, the prop is perfected from MANY sources over the years ( Propsummit, Phil, Rich, Sid, Tomu etc.)

Tomenauke did not originate this prop in any way, shape or form. They might have perfected it, but it was on the shoulders of giants.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back