Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

They did go back to the matte version. They opted to take it back to the Matte version and then do some tweaks to it. They just kept the matte so it would be more like the one in the new movie. I hope that makes sense, lol.

Can please you elaborate on the tweaks?

I know LEDs are different but is the actual blaster parts metal or otherwise different?

Thanks

Can please you elaborate on the tweaks?

I know LEDs are different but is the actual blaster parts metal or otherwise different?

Thanks

I will look at the spec sheet when I get back to my office tomorrow. I was handed a sheet with all the info right as I was heading out the door.

Well ladies and gentlmen, good news. As you might be able to tell from my super nervous super late/early posts, I was very determined to finally get my hands on a Blade Runner blaster. Well, I have done just that! I've pre-ordered the kit and ill start a thread as soon as i get it and fill it with details of what its like and how my build is going. I already have plans for metal part swaps and slight weathering. VERY EXCITED to finally have one. thank you!
i do have some questions about this tomenosuke, however this may be the wrong thread...?

I will look at the spec sheet when I get back to my office tomorrow. I was handed a sheet with all the info right as I was heading out the door.

Moviefreak, perhaps you can clarify, but based on the information coming out of the Tomenosuke guys on the Tenshu blog leading up to this release I was under the impression this was going to be a "reduced" price version of the blaster because they had found a few ways to cut the cost of producing it like removing the "fade on/off" effect from the LEDs on the magazine, using simpler packaging, and (possibly) reducing the "grade" of the dummy bullets:

From the Google translation of the "coming soon" Tenshu blog post about the blaster (http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/23695688/)

"Leaving the retailer edition, we reduced the grade of only Damikato, LED unit and dressing box, realized price reduction of 10,000 yen"

That's ~$87 USD. I'm also pretty sure "Damikato" is a Google translation artifact and is supposed to mean "Dummy bullets"

From the Google translation of the pre-order page on Japanese distributor's site (http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000006927/ct296/page1/order/)

"The change points are as follows: 1) LED turning off does not delay 2) Package is simple 2 points"

On hollywood-japan.jp (Hollywood Collectors Convention) that price reduction is reflected in the pre-order price for Japanese customers, but from what I can tell the price will be the same as all the previous versions for those purchasing through HCG. Is that right, or am I missing something?

I was on the HCG waitlist as well, so I just paid the advance money for the completed version they will be carrying out of fear I miss on another Tomen release. I'm thinking on cancel with them and ordering the kit instead. Does anybody know if they take cancellations?

Hollywood-JP has the complete display piece price set to JY 75,600 which is roughly $660 plus PayPal fees instead of the HCG price of $900. You just have to send an email to Mune at mmunegumi@gmail.com as indicated on their website to purchase from outside of Japan. The kit, which Is what I'm getting was $530 plus PayPal fees.

Moviefreak, perhaps you can clarify, but based on the information coming out of the Tomenosuke guys on the Tenshu blog leading up to this release I was under the impression this was going to be a "reduced" price version of the blaster because they had found a few ways to cut the cost of producing it like removing the "fade on/off" effect from the LEDs on the magazine, using simpler packaging, and (possibly) reducing the "grade" of the dummy bullets:

From the Google translation of the "coming soon" Tenshu blog post about the blaster (http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/23695688/)

"Leaving the retailer edition, we reduced the grade of only Damikato, LED unit and dressing box, realized price reduction of 10,000 yen"

That's ~$87 USD. I'm also pretty sure "Damikato" is a Google translation artifact and is supposed to mean "Dummy bullets"

From the Google translation of the pre-order page on Japanese distributor's site (http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000006927/ct296/page1/order/)

"The change points are as follows: 1) LED turning off does not delay 2) Package is simple 2 points"

On hollywood-japan.jp (Hollywood Collectors Convention) that price reduction is reflected in the pre-order price for Japanese customers, but from what I can tell the price will be the same as all the previous versions for those purchasing through HCG. Is that right, or am I missing something?

I would suggest contacting customer service and discussing at cs@hollywood-collectibles.com. I don't want to comment too much on forums about details and then get myself into having to field a bunch of questions. It happened before on a previous blaster and I ended up getting PMs left and right and people came to me over contacting customer service. I just happen to work in the art department there but do not deal with orders, shipping, releases, etc., and I try to shy away from becoming the person of contact in forums. HCG didn't have me sign up in the forums to discuss things, and I was a part of the forum long before I was hired there. So I try to enjoy this forum as anyone else and not make it about work. I really encourage you to send an email or call the customer service number on the website and perhaps they can give you more of a detailed answer as to why the cost was kept the same. I apologize but I really do not have that answer and I would rather not speculate.

Edit:
Here is the number:
Customer Service: 1-407-985-4613

Last edited:
I would suggest contacting customer service and discussing at cs@hollywood-collectibles.com. I don't want to comment too much on forums about details and then get myself into having to field a bunch of questions. It happened before on a previous blaster and I ended up getting PMs left and right and people came to me over contacting customer service. I just happen to work in the art department there but do not deal with orders, shipping, releases, etc., and I try to shy away from becoming the person of contact in forums. HCG didn't have me sign up in the forums to discuss things, and I was a part of the forum long before I was hired there. So I try to enjoy this forum as anyone else and not make it about work. I really encourage you to send an email or call the customer service number on the website and perhaps they can give you more of a detailed answer as to why the cost was kept the same. I apologize but I really do not have that answer and I would rather not speculate.

Edit:
Here is the number:
Customer Service: 1-407-985-4613

My bad! I really didn't mean to put you on the spot like that if you're not speaking for HCG. I didn't do my homework and got the impression you were more of an official representative for them. I absolutely would never want to contribute to ruining anyone's ability to enjoy this forum. My apologies, and thanks for the Customer Service contact info. I'll be sure to contact them directly.

My bad! I really didn't mean to put you on the spot like that if you're not speaking for HCG. I didn't do my homework and got the impression you were more of an official representative for them. I absolutely would never want to contribute to ruining anyone's ability to enjoy this forum. My apologies, and thanks for the Customer Service contact info. I'll be sure to contact them directly.

No problem. I don't have any problems trying to help out answering some questions, and I will step in and even forward concerns on to the proper channels if I see a need, but I learned a lesson with the last version of the blaster, lol. There were some warranted factory issue concerns due to Tomenosuke quality control, and I tried to help out a few people. Suddenly I became the go to guy, lol. Every slight issue and question came to me and I was suddenly dreading coming in to the forum. So I made the decision to just back off and just send everyone to customer service where they are better equipped to answer any and all concerns.

Hollywood-JP has the complete display piece price set to JY 75,600 which is roughly $660 plus PayPal fees instead of the HCG price of $900. You just have to send an email to Mune at mmunegumi@gmail.com as indicated on their website to purchase from outside of Japan. The kit, which Is what I'm getting was $530 plus PayPal fees.

Thanks for the info, Chris.Two more questions:Is the kit hard to put together (I've heard you need to mod some metal parts on the previous release) and do I have to pay for either version up front or at when the Blaster is available? Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Chris.Two more questions:Is the kit hard to put together (I've heard you need to mod some metal parts on the previous release) and do I have to pay for either version up front or at when the Blaster is available? Thanks!

The kit isn't hard per se, but it has a few steps that can try your patience. There are no mods, but some parts do require painting / treating with chemicals to get the finish looking like what you're used to seeing. Bluing the receiver is probably the biggest pain in the butt every time I put one of these together, because it always seems to react differently lol. Maybe my Super Blue is getting old? Who knows, it's always a lot of fun putting them together, though!

Something interesting I just found out... I contacted Mune at Hollywood-JP about the completed version. He wouldn't sell it to me unless I had a Japan address (I'm in the USA). I had initially asked him about the "kit" version, which he was ready to sign me up for, but I wasn't looking for something I had to paint. After reading teecrooz's post that they (Hollywood-JP) had the completed version of the gun for a good deal cheaper than HCG, I contacted Mune again.

Here's the email exchange about the "completed" version:
"Hey again, Mune. I just heard you will have the completed kit where I would not have to paint anything. I found a webpage that looks to have it, but the Google translation doesn't make things very clear. Could you give me any info on this? Is it still mostly metal? How is this different than other versions?
What is the cost? Is shipping included or extra?
Thanks again,
Chris"

Mune:
"Basically HCG sells it for us. But due to the cost of shipping and other expenses, their price is higher than us.
If you want the completed version, I recommend you to purchase from HCG.
Mune"

Me: (sent an email that wasn't replied to, so resent it)
"Hey Mune. Sent you this Wednesday but hadn't heard back.
It looks like your price for the completed gun is much cheaper than HCG... if the Google Yen-to-Dollar translation is accurate, it looks like your price on the website is 75,600 yen which would be about 670 dollars. Even with a 4% Paypal fee that you mentioned previously, that's still a great deal less than the HCG price of 899 dollars. Or am I missing something?
Thanks again,
Chris"

Mune:
"It might.
They pay many costs to import.
But our price is effective only for residents in Japan. If you have Japanese address, I can ship it to you but I do not think that is a good idea due to a lot o tedious work for you.
Mune"

So, they would sell me the kit version, but not the completed version. Not sure if this is an issue because of sending a "gun" internationally (as opposed to a gun "kit") or their deal with HCG doesn't allow them to sell the same version where HCG is selling it, or something I'm completely missing. Just damn odd. And rather miffs me. It's about a $200 price difference for the completed gun, which for me, is a lot of money.

Not sure what I'm going to do now, whether to go with HCG at the more expensive amount or just skip it all together (I already have an OLD 1990's Doppleganger gun that I built, but it is FAR from accurate and the grips don't have any "clearness" to them, see attached photo).

Anyways, just wanted to share with you all in case you were thinking of going the complete/Japan route that was mentioned.

Chris

RightSmall.jpg

From the pics I keep finding on the internet, either from the Pro and the newer 2049 version, it seems like the grips are too dark. Has this been discussed before? is that an issue or they look more accurate in person? Also, I'm ok with the matte black finish (for now), but I'd like to know if it's possible to take it off and blue the metal parts later on. Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back