Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

This attitude is not going to get you anywhere . I'm thinking you don't have the passion for what we represent. just the want.
Well, that also sounds pretty judgmental, you assuming you know what someones passions are, but thats fine.
Once again I'll try to clarify. I dont have any attitude, Im not special.

Im a normal guy who defended himself, I feel fairly, against what seemed like unfair attacks because I couldnt find what I was looking for and had the unmitigated gall to ask for help but apparently, in the opinion of those on high, I hadnt suffered enough for the info
By the way no one else seems to know where it is either, so maybe its not that my google skills are so lacking, but that the info is legitimately hard to find or even nonexistent, and warrants asking for some help to find like I did.

So far its seems all anyone wants to do is post condescending or insulting comments instead of making the minimal effort to be helpful and simply post the relevant info.

If you all feel so passionate about it, why dont you enlighten me on what it is exactly it is that you and the others are trying to represent with these types of antagonistic comments? Does it really help the situation?

Last edited:
Coming from a guy who knows nothing about this community or who people are.

Who people are? What does even that mean?
What I do know is you're just a regular person same as me no better or worse. When you act like you are king of the community and have the right to cast aspersions, it doesn't sit right with me and judging from the few personal messages I received offering me support Im not the only one who feels that way.

If you or anyone else treats me with condescension, Im going to defend myself but I'll tell you what, I dont want to bore any others reading this thread who are just here for info on BRB's and not drama, so anyone who feels so strongly about what Ive said have the courage to PM me and I will gladly discuss it with you privately and maybe even possibly resolve it there, instead of further clogging up this thread with more back and forth nonsense.

Last edited:
On a completely different note the 2049 Tomen Resin prop assembly kit is now up for sale here:

http://tomenosuke.bandec-japan.com/en/detail/Tomenosuke-Blaster-2049-Stunt-Model-Assembly-Kit

Forgot to add its 21800 yen (about 198.00 US) but they kill you with the shipping! They only offer EMS and are charging 66 yen (about 55.00 US)
At least thats would cost me ,might be better or worse where you are.

EDIT:
And now its sold out.

Strange that it is sold out. I did not hear much in the way of available for sale through the usual timelines and channels.
Maybe there are none in stock yet....or more to come later. Hmmm.... I was thinking of getting one of these.

Strange that it is sold out. I did not hear much in the way of available for sale through the usual timelines and channels.
Maybe there are none in stock yet....or more to come later. Hmmm.... I was thinking of getting one of these.

Yeah I was kind of surprised there wasnt more talk of it on here but they only made 100 so I was pretty sure they would disappear fast. Thats why I put up the post as soon as the sale went live so others wouldn't miss out.

I was was actually amazed by how long it did stay in stock that night! I thought it would be one of those things where I might not even finish checking out before it was sold out, but it was still in stock over an hour after the sale went live which is an eternity compared to some other limited collectible sales.

Last edited:
Thing is there really is no need to have a real gun involved. Technology and practicality have moved beyond that. Its common place for even blank fire guns to have muzzle flash and such enhanced or even replaced in post production. The new gun was somewhat designed as a throwback to the Syd Mead concept of the original blaster. I dont like it and feel most will not either. Its very video game looking and clumsy in the hand.

There is a reason, realism. Both in the actors expressions & body language when firing & creating something iconic that will have the impact the OG blaster did.
Sci-fi guns based on real weapons are always more convincing & subsequently interesting.

Cgi muzzle blast sucks.

Some forget that even with blank firing prop weapons the muzzle flashes are enhanced in post because the frame rate was out of sync with the rate of fire. This is why sometimes you see a muzzle flash and sometimes you don’t. Creating the reality as much as possible in the physical world helps for the sake of the visuals but also for the sake of the actor’s mentality. It’s just that much easier to believe in what you’re doing if it feels like you’re actually firing a weapon.

I'm far from an expert at this stuff so this is what i got - if anyone has a higher definition screenshot that'd probably work better

Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (25).png

I grabbed some caps & retouched 'em as best I could.

-MJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.22 PM.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.32 PM.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.07.12 PM.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 324
I wonder if those worm-like bugs are replicants.

Good thought! I know in the film it doesn't play up the importance actual living animals when compared to the books so it would be interesting if this turns out to be an actual plot point or not. Haha then again, It could simply be that they wanted to have some grubs on the table to be nasty.

Regarding Ryan's blaster I actually do not think it is as abysmal as some people are making it out to be. I agree it doesn't fit the Blade Runner universe but from what I have seen in the trailer...not much does. It seems similar to the PDK but just not in any of the right ways.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back