M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

No problem. They are a great tool to have, I have two different sets and I've used them more times than I can count.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I believe he has said there will be castings later on that will cost less. This smaller run of steel bolts is limited, I think.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

What is the best way to take care of these steel bolts?

The factory ones don’t seem to be blued

Just oil? Or maybe a clear coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true!!! these are so very time consuming , alot of operation and flipping. Milling the small pockets and details make machining tough. go thru alot of tooling.. Aluminum would be ALOT cheaper!!!

- - - Updated - - -

YEP ,, they will rust just like a real firearm... down side to using steel... oil should be fine.

So you do have plans for an aluminum or cast version? And should it be used with the Denix firing pin? Man I want one, but if I keep pouring cash into a Denix I'll end up in MGC territory! I think there's an approximately $.50/day inflation in what I feel is reasonable to spend on a DL-44 hahah!

What is the best way to take care of these steel bolts?

The factory ones don’t seem to be blued

Just oil? Or maybe a clear coat?

The bolt, hammer rear leaf sight, and lock frame (as well as all the internals) are kept "in the white" as they say.
Bare steel that is just protected w/ oil or lubricant.
No clear coat.

The bolt, hammer rear leaf sight, and lock frame (as well as all the internals) are kept "in the white" as they say.
Bare steel that is just protected w/ oil or lubricant.
No clear coat.

I gave my friend a hopps oil rag. He’s been oiling it. It hasn’t rusted yet.

We are in New England right on the water so it’s very tough to keep things from rusting, the salt is in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 2x Mauser C-96 pistols, a MG-34 bolt (in the white) here in Rochester, NY.

No rust, no damage to the metal.

I don't use a humidifier in the winter so all is well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back