M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you took no offense, your parts are wonderful and I'm piling up cash to buy more, including for sure DL-44 stuff. Keep em coming! And yeah, I tend toward raw metal too hah!)

I don't want anyone to think I was casting these parts in a negative light. They're just different than the DEC (which are also amazing parts), that's all. I wouldn't expect them to be the same!

Real Hensoldts can vary in length as well, if I recall correctly.

I like the raw cast finish on the mount, but I may smooth it out a bit. I did with my old DEC.

I think I've got a couple shots comparing the DEC to this, hang on... These were taken before I'd finished the new parts, but you get the idea. I can take more photos if y'all want.

Overall, really nice parts. Thank you Field Marshall!

Edit: in these photos, the DEC scope and mount are not installed on the MGC. They're resting on top. And the DEC scope is aluminum.

Dangit, I also forgot to mention that I had the DEC scope knob on the Field Marshall scope in a couple shots. The mounting holes don't line up exactly, not that I would expect them to (and the entire knob assembly is a different design), so only one screw was installed.

The photos in my previous post show the new knob blackened, and I did lightly sand the knurling after that.

bb249561737876f8f87ece525972010d.jpg
227ee64ebc600cf927f144e756074630.jpg
769001a920b4262c560fa74503792c94.jpg
7a80ce6c50feee240b6b346b3da9f263.jpg
c18ba689c1f89ce1556eb57810abe420.jpg

I do kinda miss the little notch in the scope knob base.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The neew versions im working on now will be steel high end build and a aluminum standard build.. both will have thread lens pieces and the new knurl... with a option for crosshairs

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger yet! How many scopes do I need? A LOT!

Dann - The notch on the scope knob base could be added easily enough with a razor saw and file. Both scopes look amazing!

Last edited:
Real Hensoldts can vary in length as well, if I recall correctly.

So far every single one I have had here in my hands (over 30 now) they have ALL been exactly the same in main body dimensions. Some have had front lens bezels slightly different, or much longer, but all bodies I have had, have been the same dimensions.

So far every single one I have had here in my hands (over 30 now) they have ALL been exactly the same in main body dimensions. Some have had front lens bezels slightly different, or much longer, but all bodies I have had, have been the same dimensions.
Oh, okay. Well that's good to know!

Well shoot, now I want crosshairs for my scope!! I could probably cobble something together. Maybe I'll do one of those Star Warsy fancy reticles.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

good god!

Well FIND one more and build me a live FIRE !!!!!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

The ones ive seen change hands now are 3500 to 6000$$$$$ and I would be glad to pay it!!!!

Scott beat me...I only had about twenty over the last two decades. Now I am down to 5 in my personal collection.

If only I had known, what these would sell for at some point, I would have kept them all. Back the days, I sold them between 300-500, later on for 500-900, now... :wacko

Really?? $6000....I will stick to a replica for that price.

Well FIND one more and build me a live FIRE !!!!!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

The ones ive seen change hands now are 3500 to 6000$$$$$ and I would be glad to pay it!!!!

You people hoarding this stuff makes it hard for us normal people to find anything :p.

Scott beat me...I only had about twenty over the last two decades. Now I am down to 5 in my personal collection.

If only I had known, what these would sell for at some point, I would have kept them all. Back the days, I sold them between 300-500, later on for 500-900, now... :wacko

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back