M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

I scaled........... ,, mine is diff from theirs for sure... right or wrong . ill know for sure when i find the original....LOL ... i didn't use theirs as a bench mark.. i want to depth, height and site line to line up with key areas on the Mauser based on the avialible pictures..

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not in the near future,,, the E11 projects will consume the rest of the year... but you never know
So I guess it would be better off not getting your scope mount, I can't re-drill my MGC.

Would you be alright with posting a photo with some calipers showing the distance from hole to hole on your crossbar?

I do at least plan to get one of your Hensoldt replicas.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

So I guess it would be better off not getting your scope mount, I can't re-drill my MGC.

Would you be alright with posting a photo with some calipers showing the distance from hole to hole on your crossbar?

I do at least plan to get one of your Hensoldt replicas.

I actually just threw FM mount onto an old beater build of mine that was originally tapped using a DEC mount and it fits fine..
0db7dbe5bf8deafd38f12c654cc89bb8.jpg

No problem, just file the 2 holes a little bit longer. That way they can be adjusted to each excisting bolt distance. Holes will be covered by the thumbwheels.
Oh I definitely considered that, I just don't want it getting any weaker. I suppose if they're a little off it'd be fine, as long as I tighten the thumbscrews enough.

Some Denix mag well update
IMG_3776_zpszyxcwjza.jpg
IMG_3775_zpsfbesbyil.jpg
IMG_3777_zpsdbssfoqw.jpg
IMG_3778_zpsluihkk7c.jpg

The denix fake mag plate is thick with the seem,,, makes the machined aluminum plate a little thicker to accommodate it.. put some alum blk on ithe plate to get an idea of what it will look like...

IMG_3776_zpszyxcwjza.jpg

IMG_3775_zpsfbesbyil.jpg

IMG_3777_zpsdbssfoqw.jpg

IMG_3778_zpsluihkk7c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! What with the two circles at the bottom side of the magwell? Is that part of the mold? None of my Denix C96 have these.

I think they are part of the mold. Both of mine have them. You may have an older version.
0fd44f5900eecaaebf01015b6647688e.jpg
9ffbc3b74500d35ee45551654018c517.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still easier and cheaper than machining one from scratch... LOL if they were perfect no one would need us?????? Even the real steel one im working on is going to have those imperfection to deal with... castings are cheap but do not have the quality that machining can have. There will always be clean up ops.. I will tell you one thing, I am surprised at how consistent they are considering the complexity of the shape.. the mag well cut out is doing really well .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back