M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Pretty sure he's got the tubes with him now, so it's getting closer.

He's been posting updates on whitearmor.

I can't wait for this, everything looks so good!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I disassembled my scopes so I could cast them part for part. Maybe edraven99 wanted to clean the lenses. I would agree it can be a risky job if you strip the notches while unscrewing the rings plus if you don’t re-assemble it correctly (fully taking out the prisms and central reticle) you can alter the optics. I have one scope I will never take apart and preserve as a collector’s piece.

Ok.. now what lol

54A52E1B-0CA7-4A89-AEBE-135A93F795E8.jpeg

Ok.. now what lol
To put it back together , first the double sided convex lens goes in the large lens assembly/holder, next the plain brass ring/spacer, then the thick one sided convex lens- convex end facing the brass ring, and lastly the retaining ring with the threaded end screwing in -notched end facing outwards. It should fit together nicely once it’s all packed in there. If you need a video or photo reference let me know and I can send you something to help you out.

and for the direction of the brass retaining ring, I think it’s the single grooved end that faces in first. Hope that helps.

To put it back together , first the double sided convex lens goes in the large lens assembly/holder, next the plain brass ring/spacer, then the thick one sided convex lens- convex end facing the brass ring, and lastly the retaining ring with the threaded end screwing in -notched end facing outwards. It should fit together nicely once it’s all packed in there. If you need a video or photo reference let me know and I can send you something to help you out.

and for the direction of the brass retaining ring, I think it’s the single grooved end that faces in first. Hope that helps.

Ok, but the problem is, the large assembly with the double sided lens is still the end with the threads. I thought the threaded end was supposed to be front facing when screwing by the assembly back into the body (thanks for al of the help btw... very much appreciated!)

Attachments

• D108B721-FDD2-4DB3-B1B7-3756BBE2E389.jpeg
    D108B721-FDD2-4DB3-B1B7-3756BBE2E389.jpeg
    667.9 KB · Views: 136
Lens Assembly.png
Ok, but the problem is, the large assembly with the double sided lens is still the end with the threads. I thought the threaded end was supposed to be front facing when screwing by the assembly back into the body (thanks for al of the help btw... very much appreciated!)

Hope this helps. I will make a short video if you need one when I get home tonight. Let me know if the diagram clears things up.

Lens Assembly.png

Pretty sure he's got the tubes with him now, so it's getting closer.

He's been posting updates on whitearmor.

I can't wait for this, everything looks so good!

Ok I was just planning a future build. Don’t want to jump the gun and get a airsoft, if field Marshall still plans on doing a complete kit

I’m in no rush, I was just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! That’s how I have it! It when I screw the assembly back into the body, it gets stuck with the end with the retaining ring hanging out like before.
Scope Assemly.png
I think you are putting in the lens assembly backwards. After you have the lenses all installed in the lens assembly then it should be assembled like this. Screw in the lens assembly first, non-threaded end first(end with the inner retaining ring ). The notches on the front face ring of the lens assembly are used to help screw it back into the scope tube. Then the outer retaining ring gets screwed on.

Last edited:
Ok I was just planning a future build. Don’t want to jump the gun and get a airsoft, if field Marshall still plans on doing a complete kit

I’m in no rush, I was just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can, you should go to whitearmor and check out the progress, it's really something to see!

View attachment 849179
I think you are putting in the lens assembly backwards. After you have the lenses all installed in the lens assembly then it should be assembled like this. Screw in the lens assembly first, non-threaded end first(end with the inner retaining ring ). The notches on the front face ring of the lens assembly are used to help screw it back into the scope tube. Then the outer retaining ring gets screwed on.

And there it is! I’m missing the outer retaining ring on my scope. Awesome... thanks again!

And there it is! I’m missing the outer retaining ring on my scope. Awesome... thanks again!

If you can't ever find a replacement, PM me and I can send you a resin copy. The outer retaining ring is a standard fit for most of these scopes so if you find a scrapper M38/M40, you can use the ring from those. I have not tested any but the M47A2 or M38A2 rings may also fit as well.

Fieldmarshall, sorry for hijacking this thread. :$

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back