M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Here is a real Broomhandle mauser and a Denix and the MGC ... Slyfox wanted to see the difference between the real Mauser and the Toys..
Here is few pictures to show the details.
IMG_3665_zpsrc2p4s45.jpg

IMG_3683_zpsswmspoky.jpg

LOL ... 1000 meter sights on the Mauser. I think the designer was being a bit too optimistic. :lol

Even 500M is too far for the caliber. The maximum effective range is only around 150-200M.

Last edited:
Ugh that beautiful MGC. Even the more beautiful live fire. And then there's the denix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Chris, What a Collection! I'm drooling. The MGC is very nice! even for the condition it's in you got a steal on that!. They seem to go for a lot of money these days. I am REALLY hoping that one day in the future you can reproduce those Mauser Replicas as good as MGC did. They really were very nice for a toy. As you said the Japanese were very good at casting zinc toys!

We all are hunting for the M19 and M38, cause that´s the numbers we know/learned - but is there really any proof that no M32 or M77 or whatever looks similar was used on the real props? :lol

nope... no proof whatsoever. The similar scopes are perfectly swappable to me. M19/M32? Whichever you can get. M38/M40? Whichever you can get. Outwardly the same dang thing.

I have never seen any pictures from the movie where you can read the engravings on the end of the scopes,,, Anyone know of some????

We all are hunting for the M19 and M38, cause that´s the numbers we know/learned - but is there really any proof that no M32 or M77 or whatever looks similar was used on the real props? :lol

That´s why i mentioned it - even if it can be seen on a pic (or someone confirms it who has seen a real one), that doesn´t say that another has to be the same.
I don´t believe the selected them that way, they would have used whatever surplus they got into their hands.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back