Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

Sheeple

So the Russian Rogue One poster was just revealed at a Russian Comic-Con.

IMG_0421.JPG

And I have to say... I want that helmet!

That looks about right. I'm interested to find out what that box is. Since in Vietnam the strap was used to keep the canvas on the helmet, soldiers used it for holding their bug spray, cigarettes, playing cards, or even a lucky bullet. Hey it might even be some death sticks:lol

When I saw this poster I thought the same thing...I want this! Nothing cooler than a Vietnam/Star Wars mashup!

M1 helmet with Endor rebel trooper ribs on top, front piece of armor and E-11 power pack on the helmet band.

I just saw this poster this morning, looks great! If you zoom in you can see that there are two thin rubber bands going all the way around it all, keeping it on. I just wish I could see the armor on the back!
Also, don't think they kept the chin strap the same, looks all cotten and different maybe, no clasps.

Is this what all the rebels will wear in this you think? Picked up a veitnam helemet and liner for $20 a while ago, time to put it to use. ;)

M1 helmet with Endor rebel trooper ribs on top, front piece of armor and E-11 power pack on the helmet band.

Signed up just to say I'm fairly certain the "armour plate" is the shell from a skate style helmet with part of it trimmed out and the inner foam removed.

Maybe they took a pattern from the Vietnam M1 helmet and they placed the pattern on some courderoy? The material looks alot like a courderoy-type fabric.

I'm so pumped to start this helmet. It'll probably just sit in my garage for a while with the other 50 projects I havnt finished though:/.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Signed up just to say I'm fairly certain the "armour plate" is the shell from a skate style helmet with part of it trimmed out and the inner foam removed.

I definitely agree. Looking into it a bit more it looks like this helmet may be the base for it or something like this helmet.

IMG_0427.JPGIMG_0426.JPG

It called the Pro Tec Ace, the holes on the rebel helmet look a bit more rectangular but it's a really good start.

I definitely agree. Looking into it a bit more it looks like this helmet may be the base for it or something like this helmet.

View attachment 669864View attachment 669863

It called the Pro Tec Ace, the holes on the rebel helmet look a bit more rectangular but it's a really good start.

I don't think it's based on any of Pro Tec's offerings. I'm pretty into skiing/snowboarding/biking so I'm familiar with a lot of the action sports helmets out there. The vent holes look similar to helmets from TSG (there are other close matches too). The problem is I'm not familiar with any that have holes shaped like that, but in the double configuration like the ace.

It may be a European brand I'm not familiar with. You can even see where the ear cutouts are, definitely some kind of action sports helmet.

There is something about this helmet that's making me giddy inside. That being said, in an effort to find as much reference as possible, I've come across some things that may be of help:

Helmet on figure in bottom left
Lego-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Hi-Res-Minifigure-Images-6.jpg
Various screenshots taken from 2 trailers and Celebration reel:
Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.56.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.56.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.57.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.58.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.02.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.02.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.02.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.05.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.51.45 PM.png

There is something about this helmet that's making me giddy inside. That being said, in an effort to find as much reference as possible, I've come across some things that may be of help:

Helmet on figure in bottom left
View attachment 669909
Various screenshots taken from 2 trailers and Celebration reel:
View attachment 669919View attachment 669918View attachment 669917View attachment 669916View attachment 669915View attachment 669914View attachment 669913View attachment 669912View attachment 669920

They're exactly like Vietnam movies. I definitely need to get one

Overall I like the look of the Rogue One Rebel Soldier, there is some speculation on another site that some of the soldiers are wearing a variation of a Russian BDU outfit, don't know but overall a lot more believable looking then any variation on the old Rebel Fleet Trooper outfit

s-l1000.jpg 00034434500.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back