Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

Wow, the teamwork going on here is making me smile big time. Love seeing the passion for this helmet!

Canister, I can model the flashlight/torch if you want. My 3D modeling skills and time are very limited, but I can definitely handle that amidst my schoolwork!

- - - Updated - - -

...the biker helmet. or bike ring shield, we really need a official name for this piece lol.

I agree! I'm down for calling it the "dome shield" that you called it a page or 2 back.

It would still need to be 2 parts with the fabric between. A lighter than the steel outer would be great for Cons and stuff.

i have worked with fiberglass before. I've made my own fenders, hoods etc for my race truck. and my dad has made his own fenders for his cobra. it takes a few dollars to setup a mold. i am finding real M1's on eBay for 25 bucks. i believe fiberglass resin, and fiberglass cloth would cost more then that for 1 helmet. i would have to double check but the glass i used for my fenders was stupid money... it was also the lightest stuff on the market to reduce weight.

I'm looking at the russian poster now, i have an idea on how to cast it with the least amount of waste possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the teamwork going on here is making me smile big time. Love seeing the passion for this helmet!

Canister, I can model the flashlight/torch if you want. My 3D modeling skills and time are very limited, but I can definitely handle that amidst my schoolwork!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree! I'm down for calling it the "dome shield" that you called it a page or 2 back.

i love how everyone is coming together for this!! if we can pull this off it would be epic!

Its going to be epic the team work, I think we can pull this off. International colaboration ftw!

Right I will try model it and print some test pieces, once its good I will send the files to elr02k also, so we can print afew to speed up the casting. This will be better as I live in New Zealand and sending a printed piece would take ages and cost more. (when is the movie out?)

what about resin Halliwax, is that cheaper.

Cool Thain that sounds good I will moc one up to get the dimensions as close to what I Think is right.

Cool its raining here today and Im a Carpenter so going to finish early and get to the surplus shot this avo. I know what Im doing this weekend hahahaha

I would be more than happy to buy the "dome piece" and the cover if those two pieces would become available, I have a couple of M1s to use up.

@alexmiller1 halliwax canister

Alright so we need to make sure we all have the right helmets first off. Then make the files, send them to me for printing. Halliwax you live in the US right? That'll make shipping the pieces a breeze. Alexmiller1 can make the fabric and we can ship that with the cast. If we are doing a complete kit we'll have to figure out the box, the light and the straps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@alexmiller1 @halliwax @canister

Alright so we need to make sure we all have the right helmets first off. Then make the files, send them to me for printing. Halliwax you live in the US right? That'll make shipping the pieces a breeze. Alexmiller1 can make the fabric and we can ship that with the cast. If we are doing a complete kit we'll have to figure out the box, the light and the straps

[emoji106]

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent this off to my sister who works at a big print shop, I know I will either use a sticker cut out for a stencil or if Im pushed for time near the end I will use the sticker part. How much interest is there if I have more than afew made up. alternativly I can send the pic to any one who wants to make them in the states. If there is enough interest I will upgrade my account so I can list a them.
View attachment 675206
Happy days.

Just sent this off to my sister who works at a big print shop, I know I will either use a sticker cut out for a stencil or if Im pushed for time near the end I will use the sticker part. How much interest is there if I have more than afew made up. alternativly I can send the pic to any one who wants to make them in the states. If there is enough interest I will upgrade my account so I can list a them.
View attachment 675206
Happy days.

attachment didn't work.... :popcorn

i just did a stock list, a lot more then i thought. smooth on really went up on their prices from 10 years ago.

no, i just haven't done this in such a long time i can't believe how much the stuff has gone up.

i have been looking at the russian poster all day today. it appears to me the dome shield is in 2 pieces... looks like the front part is bolted to the back

when it comes to casting it would be cheaper and easier if it really was 2 pieces

it sure looks like it to me now we have 2 pieces, a front and rear.

View attachment 675206
Happy days.

picture isn't working, if u need a host i can host it

no, i just haven't done this in such a long time i can't believe how much the stuff has gone up.

i have been looking at the russian poster all day today. it appears to me the dome shield is in 2 pieces... looks like the front part is bolted to the back

when it comes to casting it would be cheaper and easier if it really was 2 pieces

it sure looks like it to me now we have 2 pieces, a front and rear.

That shouldn't be so bad to print. I will already have to split the model into pieces to get it to print, then glue and epoxy the connections. Bonding putty works well to smooth the creases as well

i retract my statement about it being in 2 pieces. further examination of the pictures in the bigger of the thread prove me wrong

it appears there is a bolt or bump, like the head of a screw sticking out. not all the helmets have it. i think we will see many variants of this dome shield

That shouldn't be so bad to print. I will already have to split the model into pieces to get it to print, then glue and epoxy the connections. Bonding putty works well to smooth the creases as well

have u seen my darksaber build? i'm use to sanding and filling 3d prints now lol

what a headache!

have u seen my darksaber build? i'm use to sanding and filling 3d prints now lol

what a headache!

Isn't it? Did one for an arc reactor for a buddy of mine. What a pain that was

Isn't it? Did one for an arc reactor for a buddy of mine. What a pain that was

when u think you have the lines filled.. more show up!! i'm off for tonight my
mind is racing a mile a minute trying to dig up more on this helmet. i'll catch up with u all tomorrow

have a good night

when u think you have the lines filled.. more show up!! i'm off for tonight my
mind is racing a mile a minute trying to dig up more on this helmet. i'll catch up with u all tomorrow

have a good night

You too. Have good dreams of ridding the galaxy of tyranny[emoji23][emoji23]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back