Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I'm quite sad about this and very sorry for people that had hopes of getting their armor before the premier.

I have had a set back,The printer never blew the fuse for the print bed heater, wires got hot stuff melted which almost fried the arduino. I kinda got it going but not reliably which means I cant finish the prints to ensure they are correct and send to Mr Mould Maker. This leaves Mr Mould Maker with too smaller time frame to get orders out and he also has a job which will take up the next few weeks of his time.

In the end we have decided at this point we should wait for the premier to ensure a screen accurate version rather than something close.

I know some of you are keen to get one post premier and with all the new media that comes with it I expect we can get a near perfect print and cast for you guys.
I look forward to continuing the banter here and adding to the research as it becomes available. I hope there will be a display somewhere and some one can take a bunch of great reference pics that we can use.

Would you consider posting or selling the preliminary 3D files?

I have a 3D printer that's currently out of service but all it needs is a day of work to get it up and running.

Last edited:
I'm quite sad about this and very sorry for people that had hopes of getting their armor before the premier.

I have had a set back,The printer never blew the fuse for the print bed heater, wires got hot stuff melted which almost fried the arduino. I kinda got it going but not reliably which means I cant finish the prints to ensure they are correct and send to Mr Mould Maker. This leaves Mr Mould Maker with too smaller time frame to get orders out and he also has a job which will take up the next few weeks of his time.

In the end we have decided at this point we should wait for the premier to ensure a screen accurate version rather than something close.

I know some of you are keen to get one post premier and with all the new media that comes with it I expect we can get a near perfect print and cast for you guys.
I look forward to continuing the banter here and adding to the research as it becomes available. I hope there will be a display somewhere and some one can take a bunch of great reference pics that we can use.

no need to apologize, that was something out of your control. i am so impressed by group coming together organizing, and when thrown curve balls found quick solutions how to fix it. in the end i think waiting for the movies release is best. with more screen time comes more accurate files. then all it is is 1 mold and production starts. you guys all rock for stepping up and even attempting to do this is such a small amount of time

:thumbsup

Yeah, no worries Canister. I always think it's best to give a project as much time as it needs to ensure the highest level of accuracy possible.

Let's keep up the good work!

no need to apologize, that was something out of your control. i am so impressed by group coming together organizing, and when thrown curve balls found quick solutions how to fix it. in the end i think waiting for the movies release is best. with more screen time comes more accurate files. then all it is is 1 mold and production starts. you guys all rock for stepping up and even attempting to do this is such a small amount of time

:thumbsup

NICE!

In for sure then... I'm hoping that there's some great visual guid type pics coming soon!

Nissan-L.A.-Auto-Show-Star-Wars-Display-103-876x535.jpgNissan-L.A.-Auto-Show-Star-Wars-Display-102-876x535.jpg

Booooo Nissan! You chose the wrong Rebel Marines to display...:facepalm

I know ay, WHY WHY WHY. . . its as if they are holding the Helmet back for the pièces de résistance! Soon my pretty soon. . . .
On the other hand my gorka most likely wont arrive so I might do a jumble and those rebels will be fine reference.

When there is a run on these helmets I'd like one! I'm going to cobble a quick build together for the premier based off of what you guy's have done here (which is awesome) but it'd be great to have a more accurate version for future troops.

Has anyone been able to figure out the ribbed helmet cover?
I'm thinking of trying some fabric and hot glue wizardry because I have no sewing skills.
The ones I'm going to sew for everyone on the run list, are going to be sewn because I don't want the hot glue to fall apart while they put it together lol. If you want to do hot glue then do it but be careful lol!

Alex

Im going to visit my cousin on wednesday, Shes has her own boutique clothing shop. I have got as far as the basic shape and played around with the ribbing/baffels but come end of wednesday I hope to have something thats dam close. Also Mk2 is Printing now.
Mr Mold Maker
1 You said earlier your contact confimed the ribbing goes almost down to the front rim is that the same for the back? ( I would guess so)
2 How is the armor attached, I thought it could be the 2 flat head looking screws. one on the left front side(near the rebel logo) and one right back side. That would give enough wiggle so there is enough variation in the look (all just a tiny bit out of perfectly aligned).

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to visit my cousin on wednesday, Shes has her own boutique clothing shop. I have got as far as the basic shape and played around with the ribbing/baffels but come end of wednesday I hope to have something thats dam close. Also Mk2 is Printing now.
@Mr Mold Maker
1 You said earlier your contact confimed the ribbing goes almost down to the front rim is that the same for the back? ( I would guess so)
2 How is the armor attached, I thought it could be the 2 flat head looking screws. one on the left front side(near the rebel logo) and one right back side. That would give enough wiggle so there is enough variation in the look (all just a tiny bit out of perfectly aligned).

1.) I am not entirely sure, but I do believe he was talking about the front and back.
2.) He wasn't close enough to handle or really inspect the helmet. The one he saw didn't have the Blast Shield attatched but actually off of the helmet and next to it. I assumed it may have just slid in place. Afraid I can't really help here, my apologies!

The one he saw didn't have the Blast Shield attatched but actually off of the helmet and next to it. I assumed it may have just slid in place.

You might be right about this...I noticed a long time ago that the blast shields sit higher or lower on different helmets. They don't all seem to be secured in the same exact spot, so they might not be attached to the helmet at all :confused

Yeah. Sorry I don't have any solid info on it!

My thoughts? As a maker? It would be a real pain to secure the piece to the metal helmet. The ribbed padding of the cover should provide a tight enough squeeze fit to hold it in place. Quick, easy, and cheap. On a film? Those are the golden words.

Just my two cents.

You might be right about this...I noticed a long time ago that the blast shields sit higher or lower on different helmets. They don't all seem to be secured in the same exact spot, so they might not be attached to the helmet at all :confused

Yeah. Sorry I don't have any solid info on it!

My thoughts? As a maker? It would be a real pain to secure the piece to the metal helmet. The ribbed padding of the cover should provide a tight enough squeeze fit to hold it in place. Quick, easy, and cheap. On a film? Those are the golden words.

Just my two cents.
Have been thinking about this myself.

What color does everyone think the blast shield is? Green, dark gray, black?
It kind of looks dark gray or black to me but a lot of the folks at the Rebel Legion think it's green.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back