Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I was looking for all kind of tactial headsets, helmet headsets, security headsets etc since 4 days. Now I have ordered a Kenwood Security Headset. I think its different to what they have used in movies but it is the closest I found. And it was cheap.

attachment2.jpg

theres definitely somthing there, check this picture out of the solider on the left

View attachment 736402

It looks like it piece falls right over his left ear. I say it's got to be some one sort of ear piece for their coms or somthing.

This is my Mr. Hemmings helmet cover, distressed and with button holes added. Good quality cover but the color just isn't right. As you can see even after distressing and dusting it with 3 different colors of brown spraypaint and dirt it's still way too light.
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5099.JPG

P.S. The helmet covers in the movie are (in my opinion) a completely different color than the Mr. Hemming's cover. Not even close. The movie covers are pretty brown or at least 'coyote brown' and not tan or light olive.

You are absolutely right. Thats what I also wrote in my post above. I had a look, but i cant find Coyote dye in Germany. Do you have any good source in US?

Another thing you could do to darken that fabric that's both practical and easy; WAX IT!

I love waxed clothing and fabric. Gives a cool look and very practical. There's lots of fabric wax on the market, but you can make your own with beeswax and some paraffin wax/soy wax if you want to keep it all natural.

Heres an example of a waxed piece of fabric from the shirt I made

IMG_5711.JPG
Waxed piece on the right, and considerably darker. Note, when waxing wrinkles will come up as pictured below

IMG_5712.JPGThat's after I balled it up just to show an example of what can happen if you do wax the fabric

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but for those that have not seen this ...

I just returned Disney Hollywood Studios. In the Star Wars Cargo Bay, they had props from Rogue One. Unfortunately there was no Rebel helmet on display but they did have Jin's hat. The tip of her microphone had what looks to be the same camera looking device that is attached the the strap of the helmet. Going off the assumption that they used the same piece for both, I took some unclose images.

IMG_0700.JPGIMG_0701.JPG

From the forties not saying you're wrong or anything but that is completely not the part seen in the photo on the last page. These are two completely different things people have made 3D printed parts for the helmets of this piece and it is nowhere near the same shape or design it does look similar but it is not the same at all.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, look better for sure :thumbsup

can I ask what method you used for securing the fabric to the inside of the helmet lip?

I stitched a piece of hook velcro, about 4" long on either side inside the edge of the liner and then stuck a corresponding self adhesive loop piece inside the helmet. That way i can pull the cover super tight and it stays put.

I stitched a piece of hook velcro, about 4" long on either side inside the edge of the liner and then stuck a corresponding self adhesive loop piece inside the helmet. That way i can pull the cover super tight and it stays put.

Nice! I think I'll give that way a go

From the forties not saying you're wrong or anything but that is completely not the part seen in the photo on the last page. These are two completely different things people have made 3D printed parts for the helmets of this piece and it is nowhere near the same shape or design it does look similar but it is not the same at all.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why do you say that? To me it looks like the same piece (a double tube like object that looks a lot like the front muzzle piece of a co2 pellet gun), it's simply mounted to different items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back