Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

as if there was any doubt as to this being an M1 helmet, you can pretty plainly see the brim of the separate helmet liner in this pic
View attachment 673559

If they made the actors wear actual M1 helmets with the liners, then I feel sorry for them. They reason they were called "Steel Pots" is because the outer helmet was steel and heavy to wear. If you wear that long enough you will build up your neck muscles! I would definitely suggest a fiberglass or plastic outer helmet unless you want to be uncomfortable.

You mind finding how to smuggle Justin Bieber back to Canada?[emoji12]

Alex

No givesie backsies!

6s5on0u.gif

If they made the actors wear actual M1 helmets with the liners, then I feel sorry for them. They reason they were called "Steel Pots" is because the outer helmet was steel and heavy to wear. If you wear that long enough you will build up your neck muscles! I would definitely suggest a fiberglass or plastic outer helmet unless you want to be uncomfortable.

Oh I doubt that they are. There are lightweight helmets that are about half the weight but are the same size as the real deal. Not too sure what they are called but you can find them in surplus stores

i'm going to hit up my local... well it's a bit of a hike so i should say the nearest military surplus store this weekend. and see if i can snag one of these.

when i was referring to fiberglass i was talking about the metal shield around the M1 helmet.

we need a official parts name for it, i know the endor helmets ring is called the toilet bowl seat

what should be call this? dome shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm going to hit up my local... well it's a bit of a hike so i should say the nearest military surplus store this weekend. and see if i can snag one of these.

when i was referring to fiberglass i was talking about the metal shield around the M1 helmet.

we need a official parts name for it, i know the endor helmets ring is called the toilet bowl seat

what should be call this? dome shield?

i tried the one by my place, but only had plastic replicas. Let me know how it goes

i tried the one by my place, but only had plastic replicas. Let me know how it goes

your looking for steel? i dont think i would mind a plastic one since it will be covered in fabric anyway. ill keep my eyes out this weekend

your looking for steel? i dont think i would mind a plastic one since it will be covered in fabric anyway. ill keep my eyes out this weekend

They do need to be the Vietnam era M1's so they have the flatter top right? I'll check my surplus store as well for one

They do need to be the Vietnam era M1's so they have the flatter top right? I'll check my surplus store as well for one

thats what we believe, the WWII seem to be more dome shaped. we want the flat top version. i just saved the russian poster photo to my phone so when I'm at the surplus i can use it as reference. i dont even know how much these usually go for?

- - - Updated - - -

i know we can't direct link eBay auctions. but st_ablert_surplus looks like he has the correct helmet we are looking for no?

Okay well will send out an email and see if the person will hold til Saturday.

has a liner which is cool.

I'm not supposed to be getting into helmets, dammit... but I'm working on a stormtrooper, a Kylo Ren BS, and now this.

Ah well, when the family Christmas comes around this year, people can take their photos with more than just lightsabers this time.

I'm not supposed to be getting into helmets, dammit... but I'm working on a stormtrooper, a Kylo Ren BS, and now this.

Ah well, when the family Christmas comes around this year, people can take their photos with more than just lightsabers this time.

Even better, tell them that picture IS there xmas present!

Never thought I would get into helmets either but I've already got 4 with 2 more on the way...not to mention projects like this one :lol

OH No after reading this thread for the past hour and searching for more info I have called the local army surplus store, picking up a m1 Tuesday.
After reading the endor helmet file what do you guys think about the spacing and number of pleats, I count 11 that I can see maybe 12 as one might be out of view.
http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/endorrebelsoldier/ers_helmet.html

rogue one helmet-pleats.jpg

Could some one please measure the vent/tear on their mitchel helmet cover for me so I can size the stripe of fabric sewn to the side of pleats and the pleats. As elr02k posted above I figure that the vent is the same from the poster image and the real helmets.

once I have that I should be able to make up a pattern for the cloth once I get my helmet and also use fusion 360 to make up the box and ribbed items strapped to the side.

Looks like the armor is custom cant find anything like it, what have you guys come up with?

BTW this will be my 1st helmet!

Last edited:
Rogue one M1 helmet build

There was one guy on here that did a custom foamex armor plate. We thought it was from a bike helmet but it does indeed seem to be a custom part.

OH No after reading this thread for the past hour and searching for more info I have called the local army surplus store, picking up a m1 Tuesday.
After reading the endor helmet file what do you guys think about the spacing and number of pleats, I count 11 that I can see maybe 12 as one might be out of view.
http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/endorrebelsoldier/ers_helmet.html

View attachment 674846

Could some one please measure the vent/tear on their mitchel helmet cover for me so I can size the stripe of fabric sewn to the side of pleats and the pleats. As elr02k posted above I figure that the vent is the same from the poster image and the real helmets.

once I have that I should be able to make up a pattern for the cloth once I get my helmet and also use fusion 360 to make up the box and ribbed items strapped to the side.

Looks like the armor is custom cant find anything like it, what have you guys come up with?

BTW this will be my 1st helmet!

oh man i wish i could help you out but i have no sewing skills. if you come out with a template i would be forever grateful!

as for the bike helmet part. i was figuring of just vacuum casting the M1 helmet to get the shame shape and then cutting the design out of the vacuum dome. it does look like there are some groves in the front of the bike helmet part though..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back