Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

View attachment 678312

Its good but not good enough, the width is perfect but the side pannels are about 5mm too big, making the pannels smaller will just tidy it up and make it look much tighter. After that I will sew the baffles and attach them over the top. next weekend I should have a pattern for you alex, I might make a few for me and my brother and a couple rebel legion guys in New Zealand. If any one else wants the pattern once done feel free to message me :)
Sounds good and looks great! So i just needed to know, am i still doing everyone elses covers or are you? I had planned on giving you full credit for the pattern and everything.

Alex

yep, if you do the covers over there that would be awesome, I figure if you made them up its going to be more cost effective for every one there,and spreading the load would be awesome. My next ambition is making the rebel hoth hat and a hoth/rogue one blaster A280. I have a Romans graflex coming too which I think will sit on my bed side table until I turn it into a saber. . . .then it will still sit there lol.

yep, if you do the covers over there that would be awesome, I figure if you made them up its going to be more cost effective for every one there,and spreading the load would be awesome. My next ambition is making the rebel hoth hat and a hoth/rogue one blaster A280. I have a Romans graflex coming too which I think will sit on my bed side table until I turn it into a saber. . . .then it will still sit there lol.
Sounds good!

Alex

Here is the fabric i picked up earlier in comparison to the pic that thain put up earlier.

bff24d991324803d6758f4bad7443574.jpg

I got it slightly lighter than neccesary so yall can wet wash the fabric with black paint and dull it down and weather it to a good finish.

Alex

Last edited:
Thanks Thain for the extra pics, got back home yesterday.
After looking at them for a while I have noticed

That the number of holes on the right side of armor vary but they are the same location on all helmets ( if they are there)
There is no front and back parts to the armor? (its a complete ring)
The trading card helmet is different to the ones in the rest of the shots we have got so far.
The poster one looks more like the "standard helmet" not the card one.

Still hope to get a shot of the back of he helmet Im sure there is a oval groove on it.

After some research in to military camo colours I came across this Shades of O.D and Neutral Grey. Basically a list of all the unified camo colours brought in during august 1942.
My thoughts are QMS #31 Dark olive drab.
01.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
After some research in to military camo colours I came across this Shades of O.D and Neutral Grey. Basically a list of all the unified camo colours brought in during august 1942.
My thoughts are QMS #31 Dark olive drab.
View attachment 680345

What do you guys think?

Well the problem here is that color changes depending on lighting, color grading, monitor settings, inks used, etc.
Lighting alone can drastically change a colors appearance, (ask any Indy fan)

I have light shirts and dark ones that reverse color in low lighting, even Coyote Brown turns OD in certain lighting.
So unless you can get the actual paint brand and number used (providing it's not a custom mix) then it will have to be based on what color you think it is.

I'm gonna assume ONE of these helmets will show up at Disney around Rogue One's release...

Anyone have a family trip planned?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back