Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

oh man i wish i could help you out but i have no sewing skills. if you come out with a template i would be forever grateful!

as for the bike helmet part. i was figuring of just vacuum casting the M1 helmet to get the shame shape and then cutting the design out of the vacuum dome. it does look like there are some groves in the front of the bike helmet part though..

once I have an idea on size/measurements, I think I could have a crack at making a pattern. Made a been bag a few years a go, Im no pro but will give it a shot.

Thats an awesome idea of vac forming the other part. Just down loaded a stl file of a M1 helmet so was going to overlay the extra bike part. Im currently making a sidearm on the 3d printer http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268102. But if you finish yours first and I get the pattern made maybe we can get the helemt done in time for the release.

another thing is if someone is willing to 3d print the bike helmet part. i'm willing to take it and make slush casts for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another thing is if someone is willing to 3d print the bike helmet part. i'm willing to take it and make slush casts for us

I have access to a 3D printer. But I'm awful at 3D modeling. If someone can make the files I can print them.

once I have an idea on size/measurements, I think I could have a crack at making a pattern. Made a been bag a few years a go, Im no pro but will give it a shot.

Thats an awesome idea of vac forming the other part. Just down loaded a stl file of a M1 helmet so was going to overlay the extra bike part. Im currently making a sidearm on the 3d printer http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268102. But if you finish yours first and I get the pattern made maybe we can get the helemt done in time for the release.
If you don't want to sew I've been a seamster for 8 years Id be happy to do it:) just contact me if you need me.

Alex

If you don't want to sew I've been a seamster for 8 years Id be happy to do it:) just contact me if you need me.

Alex

alex you'll probably end up hearing from me. if we can line this all up i would love to have this helmet. i also love all the teamwork put into this. it would great if we could pull this off as a group

alex you'll probably end up hearing from me. if we can line this all up i would love to have this helmet. i also love all the teamwork put into this. it would great if we could pull this off as a group

If you can come up with patterns and send them to me via email I can cut the fabric and get to work.

Alex

Last edited:
Cool
I will try finish early to get to the surplus store today then I can start playing with fabric.

I'm certain it's a torch on the side of the helmet, remember the clones going into the tunnels in Geonosis, Thats what springs to mind remembering them.

Having scaled the images as weel as I can, I cant measre perspective thats a bit of guess work. The size of the torch is around 95mm long 15mm diameter. The box or some one said magazine is about 73mmx 20mm thick, with a chamfer on one side, do you guys think its a straight box or does it have any extra curves?

I can have a go at designing the armor over the helmet in fusion 360 (this will be my second project total learner), boxes and easy shapes is what I can do. It will probabily be over my skill level making so many organic shapes.

If you add in some perspcetive I think the torch is more like 100mmx20mm. 2 vents at the front 40mm. pic below.
scale.png
Perhaps someone with more knowledge of photo perspective will chime in.

Oh and if some how I manage to design and print the armor piece, It would be fantastic if you could cast them Halliwax. Im just a youtube expert watcher when it comes to casting.

as long as i have permission from the original artist who designs the 3d model. I'm willing to cast these up for us. :thumbsup

So canister is modeling, I'm printing and you're casting?

So canister is modeling, I'm printing and you're casting?

im willing to cast! ;) we just need to make sure we all have the same M1 helmet. my biggest fear is going through all this work as a team and then not fitting because we are all using a different helmet. the M1 helmet that is being used as a template for the biker helmet. or bike ring shield, we really need a official name for this piece lol. but if we could get the lower outside measurement of the M1 helmet being used that why we can all hunt down the same size M1's

It would still need to be 2 parts with the fabric between. A lighter than the steel outer would be great for Cons and stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back