Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Wendell, NC
    Oct 18, 2016, 2:11 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #76

NeoRutty said: View Post
    Okay well will send out an email and see if the person will hold til Saturday.

has a liner which is cool.

I'm not supposed to be getting into helmets, dammit... but I'm working on a stormtrooper, a Kylo Ren BS, and now this.

Ah well, when the family Christmas comes around this year, people can take their photos with more than just lightsabers this time.
    Even better, tell them that picture IS there xmas present!
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    Oct 18, 2016, 4:56 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #77

NeoRutty said: View Post
    Okay well will send out an email and see if the person will hold til Saturday.

has a liner which is cool.

I'm not supposed to be getting into helmets, dammit... but I'm working on a stormtrooper, a Kylo Ren BS, and now this.

Ah well, when the family Christmas comes around this year, people can take their photos with more than just lightsabers this time.
    Never thought I would get into helmets either but I've already got 4 with 2 more on the way...not to mention projects like this one
    Oct 19, 2016, 11:48 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #78

OH No after reading this thread for the past hour and searching for more info I have called the local army surplus store, picking up a m1 Tuesday.
    After reading the endor helmet file what do you guys think about the spacing and number of pleats, I count 11 that I can see maybe 12 as one might be out of view.
    http://www.studiocreations.com/howto...rs_helmet.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogue one helmet-pleats.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	674846

Could some one please measure the vent/tear on their mitchel helmet cover for me so I can size the stripe of fabric sewn to the side of pleats and the pleats. As elr02k posted above I figure that the vent is the same from the poster image and the real helmets.

once I have that I should be able to make up a pattern for the cloth once I get my helmet and also use fusion 360 to make up the box and ribbed items strapped to the side.

Looks like the armor is custom cant find anything like it, what have you guys come up with?

BTW this will be my 1st helmet!
    Last edited by canister; Oct 19, 2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: 1st helemt
    From
    South Carolina
    Oct 19, 2016, 11:53 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #79

Rogue one M1 helmet build

There was one guy on here that did a custom foamex armor plate. We thought it was from a bike helmet but it does indeed seem to be a custom part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:00 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #80

canister said: View Post
    OH No after reading this thread for the past hour and searching for more info I have called the local army surplus store, picking up a m1 Tuesday.
    After reading the endor helmet file what do you guys think about the spacing and number of pleats, I count 11 that I can see maybe 12 as one might be out of view.
    http://www.studiocreations.com/howto...rs_helmet.html

Name:	rogue one helmet-pleats.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	674846

Could some one please measure the vent/tear on their mitchel helmet cover for me so I can size the stripe of fabric sewn to the side of pleats and the pleats. As elr02k posted above I figure that the vent is the same from the poster image and the real helmets.

once I have that I should be able to make up a pattern for the cloth once I get my helmet and also use fusion 360 to make up the box and ribbed items strapped to the side.

Looks like the armor is custom cant find anything like it, what have you guys come up with?

BTW this will be my 1st helmet!
    oh man i wish i could help you out but i have no sewing skills. if you come out with a template i would be forever grateful!

as for the bike helmet part. i was figuring of just vacuum casting the M1 helmet to get the shame shape and then cutting the design out of the vacuum dome. it does look like there are some groves in the front of the bike helmet part though..
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:36 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #81

halliwax said: View Post
    oh man i wish i could help you out but i have no sewing skills. if you come out with a template i would be forever grateful!

as for the bike helmet part. i was figuring of just vacuum casting the M1 helmet to get the shame shape and then cutting the design out of the vacuum dome. it does look like there are some groves in the front of the bike helmet part though..
    once I have an idea on size/measurements, I think I could have a crack at making a pattern. Made a been bag a few years a go, Im no pro but will give it a shot.

Thats an awesome idea of vac forming the other part. Just down loaded a stl file of a M1 helmet so was going to overlay the extra bike part. Im currently making a sidearm on the 3d printer http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268102. But if you finish yours first and I get the pattern made maybe we can get the helemt done in time for the release.
    From
    Salt Lake City
    Oct 20, 2016, 2:07 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #82

Could some one please measure the vent/tear on their mitchel helmet cover for me
    The vent is an inch long.
    Oct 20, 2016, 2:57 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #83

Thank you Sheeple
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 8:23 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #84

another thing is if someone is willing to 3d print the bike helmet part. i'm willing to take it and make slush casts for us

From
    South Carolina
    Oct 20, 2016, 9:22 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #85

another thing is if someone is willing to 3d print the bike helmet part. i'm willing to take it and make slush casts for us

I have access to a 3D printer. But I'm awful at 3D modeling. If someone can make the files I can print them.
  11. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Oct 20, 2016, 9:23 AM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #86

once I have an idea on size/measurements, I think I could have a crack at making a pattern. Made a been bag a few years a go, Im no pro but will give it a shot.

Thats an awesome idea of vac forming the other part. Just down loaded a stl file of a M1 helmet so was going to overlay the extra bike part. Im currently making a sidearm on the 3d printer http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268102. But if you finish yours first and I get the pattern made maybe we can get the helemt done in time for the release.
    If you don't want to sew I've been a seamster for 8 years Id be happy to do it just contact me if you need me.

Alex
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:37 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #87

alexmiller1 said: View Post
    If you don't want to sew I've been a seamster for 8 years Id be happy to do it just contact me if you need me.

Alex
    alex you'll probably end up hearing from me. if we can line this all up i would love to have this helmet. i also love all the teamwork put into this. it would great if we could pull this off as a group

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:38 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #88

elr02k said: View Post
    I have access to a 3D printer. But I'm awful at 3D modeling. If someone can make the files I can print them.
    i have no problem creating a mold for us if we can get a good print of the bike helmet

14. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:40 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #89

alex you'll probably end up hearing from me. if we can line this all up i would love to have this helmet. i also love all the teamwork put into this. it would great if we could pull this off as a group

If you can come up with patterns and send them to me via email I can cut the fabric and get to work.

Alex
    Last edited by PropReplicator2; Oct 20, 2016 at 4:15 PM.
    From
    South Carolina
    Oct 20, 2016, 12:41 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #90

i have no problem creating a mold for us if we can get a good print of the bike helmet

Yeah it'll be a high quality print. All I need are some 3D files and I'll send it your way.

16. RPF Premium Member canister's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2016, 4:04 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #91

Cool
    I will try finish early to get to the surplus store today then I can start playing with fabric.

I'm certain it's a torch on the side of the helmet, remember the clones going into the tunnels in Geonosis, Thats what springs to mind remembering them.

Having scaled the images as weel as I can, I cant measre perspective thats a bit of guess work. The size of the torch is around 95mm long 15mm diameter. The box or some one said magazine is about 73mmx 20mm thick, with a chamfer on one side, do you guys think its a straight box or does it have any extra curves?

I can have a go at designing the armor over the helmet in fusion 360 (this will be my second project total learner), boxes and easy shapes is what I can do. It will probabily be over my skill level making so many organic shapes.

If you add in some perspcetive I think the torch is more like 100mmx20mm. 2 vents at the front 40mm. pic below.

Name:	scale.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	571.2 KB 
ID:	675102
    Perhaps someone with more knowledge of photo perspective will chime in.
  17. RPF Premium Member canister's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2016, 4:15 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #92

Oh and if some how I manage to design and print the armor piece, It would be fantastic if you could cast them Halliwax. Im just a youtube expert watcher when it comes to casting.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 6:46 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #93

Oh and if some how I manage to design and print the armor piece, It would be fantastic if you could cast them Halliwax. Im just a youtube expert watcher when it comes to casting.
    as long as i have permission from the original artist who designs the 3d model. I'm willing to cast these up for us.
    From
    South Carolina
    Oct 20, 2016, 6:47 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #94

as long as i have permission from the original artist who designs the 3d model. I'm willing to cast these up for us.
    So canister is modeling, I'm printing and you're casting?

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 6:48 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #95

elr02k said: View Post
    So canister is modeling, I'm printing and you're casting?

im willing to cast! we just need to make sure we all have the same M1 helmet. my biggest fear is going through all this work as a team and then not fitting because we are all using a different helmet. the M1 helmet that is being used as a template for the biker helmet. or bike ring shield, we really need a official name for this piece lol. but if we could get the lower outside measurement of the M1 helmet being used that why we can all hunt down the same size M1's
    From
    South Carolina
    Oct 20, 2016, 6:49 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #96

im willing to cast!
    Awesome! Sounds like a plan

From
    Central Ca
    Oct 20, 2016, 7:10 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #97

More work but if you also mold and cast the helmet then they will all be the same.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 20, 2016, 7:21 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #98

division 6 said: View Post
    More work but if you also mold and cast the helmet then they will all be the same.
    i would probably have to do this in fiberglass. i haven't worked with fiberglass in a long time. but that is also a possibility
  24. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Oct 20, 2016, 7:27 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #99

i would probably have to do this in fiberglass. i haven't worked with fiberglass in a long time. but that is also a possibility
    I can't cast for anything so I'm happy to sew

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
  25. RPF Premium Member canister's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2016, 7:27 PM - Re: Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet #100

It would still need to be 2 parts with the fabric between. A lighter than the steel outer would be great for Cons and stuff.