Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

Looking at all these R1 photos.... I'm wondering if they removed the straps on the inside of my m1. The helmet sits down low on their heads. With the comfort straps inside mine, mine sits real high on my head

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170310/63080b12a070d95520d17fb394efc091.jpg

This helmet was given to me by a ex girlfriends uncle who served over seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would figure they did. Maybe just add some cheap cushioning or padding to the inside.

Last edited:
IMG_0524.JPG

Not as accurate, but there are also various sized cigar tubes which could work.

This is just one quick Google example.

Looking at all these R1 photos.... I'm wondering if they removed the straps on the inside of my m1. The helmet sits down low on their heads. With the comfort straps inside mine, mine sits real high on my head

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170310/63080b12a070d95520d17fb394efc091.jpg

This helmet was given to me by a ex girlfriends uncle who served over seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 'comfort band' is a helmet liner. It is adjustable for circumference with a slide buckle. Widen it out and should sit lower.

The inside straps of WWII and Vietnam helmets are different but both are adjustable for how high or low they sit. Will post pics tonight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks like .25-.5 diameter rod, cut and turned on a lathe. If someone can scale these (tell me length) I have a lathe I can chop some up and run them through to round them off.

Odd cut/scrap aluminium is only a $1.50 a lb at a yard where I shop.

Awsome! I bet about 2 3/4" but we can wait until someone can get a better guess out. Thanks PZ!

I ordered a couple of those toothpick holders. I'll take some pictures once i get them.

Still would like some input on color for the shield.

Back to the rubber bands...

I think i am going to look into the workout bands. However I want to clarify... they have the flat bands used for a lot of cross fit exercises and the tube one you see hooked to handles and such. The tubes are what I am focusing on. Here is why.

After looking at pictures of the real prop, the bands have more of a round appearance that are not conforming to the look of the regular bands that I have been using. I also cannot prove this based on limited info, but I believe there is one band doubled over and not two separate bands. Based on what I am working with now, i need a piece of tube around 22" long. I also need a good way to attach the ends together. May some sort of connector inside the tube and some really good glue.

I think the material is tube vice a solid round piece as it looks like the side against the helmet is being pushed flat. The other possibility is that the band is a semicircle diameter shape but I am not leaning that way. Because the tube gets pressed flat, the material has to be soft and not rigid like a plastic tube or rubber hose.

In short I think they used is black latex tubing which you can buy by the foot. The question is: What diameter?

Last edited:
i agree with ya MJF, the bands dont look flat to me. they even look like there is a recess down the middle of them. at first i thought this was 700 23c bike tubing. but i cant find any tubing with a recess down the middle...

i am wondering if this "band" is cut off something larger...

as for the straps inside my helmet, when you guys were talking about the adjustable straps im saying to myself mine are stuck in place. theres no adjustment straps.... i looked first thing this morning and when moving the harness around, sure enough behind the straps are a few adjustment straps!!

thanks for the heads up guys i was about to cut all these off!

If it is simply just latex tubing, they could have simply had spool of it and not something they found on an existing items.

i do think how ever it still is a band. like 1 complete circle piece. i dont see any dead ends anywhere (yet) though here is it seems a wire holding the 2 bands together in that 1 pic... maybe the bluray bonus features will shed some more light on this

i do think how ever it still is a band. like 1 complete circle piece. i dont see any dead ends anywhere (yet) though here is it seems a wire holding the 2 bands together in that 1 pic... maybe the bluray bonus features will shed some more light on this

Its the same reason we do not know if it is one band double over or two bands. There is no shot of the back to see if there is a crossover.

Additionally, one band or two, you could make a straight clean cut and with glue and some sort of connector the same internal diameter of the tube and it would be very hard to see unless you were looking for it. And if it is one piece, the connection could hide under the overlap.

Its the same reason we do not know if it is one band double over or two bands. There is no shot of the back to see if there is a crossover.

Additionally, one band or two, you could make a straight clean cut and with glue and some sort of connector the same internal diameter of the tube and it would be very hard to see unless you were looking for it. And if it is one piece, the connection could hide under the overlap.

very true, could hide a connection on that cigarette box they wear on it

- - - Updated - - -

heres that metal wire again, looks like its holding the bands together
f2b703247a27595ea8c95e0bfd07c48e.jpg

if you look at the cigarette box on the left, the band is doing something funky over it

Awsome! I bet about 2 3/4" but we can wait until someone can get a better guess out. Thanks PZ!
Thanks! I'm hoping someone can set a ruler in Photoshop to the hole in the shield, and scale the tubes that way. That's how I scaled my ooze cannister from a screenshot with an item of known size.

Worst case I make a few different sizes. No big deal.

Anyway any theories on what this symbol means? just curious! an infantry unit maybe?

Could mean anything, if it is on more than one helmet, it might narrow down possibilities.

It could be a symbol for Military:

• a division of the Alliance
  • Infantry
  • special forces
  • symbol of authority

It could have personal meaning

• Planetary symbol
  • Sports team
  • Star Wars universe version of a pot leaf
  • A family crest
  • Initial of a name
  • religious symbol

Or totally random:
  • Price tag left on it from the army/navy surplus store
  • This side forward
  • Allergic to latex
  • Star Wars universe emoji similar to poop

See... anything.

Could mean anything, if it is on more than one helmet, it might narrow down possibilities.

It could be a symbol for Military:

• a division of the Alliance
  • Infantry
  • special forces
  • symbol of authority

It could have personal meaning

• Planetary symbol
  • Sports team
  • Star Wars universe version of a pot leaf
  • A family crest
  • Initial of a name
  • religious symbol

Or totally random:
  • Price tag left on it from the army/navy surplus store
  • This side forward
  • Allergic to latex
  • Star Wars universe emoji similar to poop

See... anything.

Well done. Well played. I stand corrected.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back