Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I thought they were excercise bands? Canister, can you post a measurement of the distance around your whole helmet with the blastshield and side box attatched? Or Mr.Mold Maker?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

i got my shell from Sheeple. If anyone needs help with the rest, here is what I found that I can confirm works with the shell:

Question...

What are people using for black rubber bands? I didn't want t get the one that fit the M! helmet because I am not sure if they are large enough to go over the flash shield as well.

Thanks for the tip - turns out he's about 20 min from my place :)

As for the bands, I thought I read somewhere that people were using a cut piece of a bike tire inner tube?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and bought a couple of the tack helmet bands from another source. I honestly don't think they are any different to other helmet bands. They fit the M1 so i will have to see with the cloth cover and shield.

I just played around with a duece and a half tire band on my m1 helmet. It's SUPER tight. Not sure how well it will go over the blast shield. I'm currently looking at other options.

Man, I've been collecting M1 Helmets for decades, I have a few Vietnam Helmets, but I have tons of WWII M1's that I collected in order to repaint, never did. I just removed the old paint, several layers of it and they have been bare metal for over ten years!! Who would have thought they would be in high demand for Star Wars...

Does it sound like crazy talk to sculpt the shield topper with Fiber glass and bond if I am stubborn and want to make the piece out of pride but lack 3-d printing or casting skills.

Planned on using the old cover a helmet in foil, draw it out, sculpt it roughed out with FGR , then bonds, then prime, sand, prime, sand, prime paint , polish, then weather.

Any tips or advice if i go this way?

Does it sound like crazy talk to sculpt the shield topper with Fiber glass and bond if I am stubborn and want to make the piece out of pride but lack 3-d printing or casting skills.

Planned on using the old cover a helmet in foil, draw it out, sculpt it roughed out with FGR , then bonds, then prime, sand, prime, sand, prime paint , polish, then weather.

Any tips or advice if i go this way?

Go for it.
No school like old school.

I bought my bands at http://www.katostack.com/catalog/item/6196064/6003913.htm

But read this first...

I don't recommend them because the lowest shipping rate they offered was $6 priority and then they shipped it to me first class in a reused padded envelope. I submitted a complaint via PayPal to get the shipping difference refunded. They just went ahead an refunded the payment. I went with them over http://doversaddlery.com because Dover has a $10 min purchase.

So here is what I got:

IMG_0295.JPG

I only ordered the 2 black but they sent a gray too. Not sure why.

I wish the black was like the gray as you can see it is larger. The black one fits over the steel shell but I'm not sure the how well it will fit with the fabric cover and the shield. The size of the gray seems perfect.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back