Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I think Battlefront dlc is out I think people have started ripping files, unfortunately there is no M1 helmet that has surfaced.

Fabric
It was a big challenge so I was lucky enough for my cousin to be in town for December for a visit and Christmas etc.
we calculated from the poster image that there are 10.5 ribbed sections for sewing after a few tests we have a prototype. I took yesterday off and worked with her on it. we almost got it finished. When she goes back to Melbourne and has all her equipment she can make them for us. I know some people would like to make there own, so we have a basic pattern now that I need to scan in the near future for you guys.

Tests The top ribs are the perfect size.
fabric1.jpg

I'm sorry its blurry its the only one I took but you get the idea.
fabric2.jpg

Sprayed it with a chrome then used some mayo to put some scratches then painted with a metallic dark grey with a hint of blue. next step washes.
fabric3.jpg
Hope to get some more progress tonight.

Attachments

• fabric2.jpg
    fabric2.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 127
Here is a quick project i put together when I also thought the arm patches were embroidered. I have a PDF of the image and also have a .svg of the same image which could be used to cut a stencil but i do not know how to upload a svg. (Also my cutter is unavailable so I have not tested that file.) If someone wants the svg file to test or post I will be glad to email it

This work was based on both the Admiral's patch in the 1st trailer and the Hoth patches in the Star Wars Costumes book. I believe the proportions are accurate but not sure of the scaling. The colors are just placeholders. Hoth had variations of Red in column 1, Orange in column 2, and then the Phi-style emblem in column 3. The Rogue One seems to have Red in 1, Blue in 2, and the Phis in 3.

Feel free to use or better yet, improve upon these.

EDIT, Sorry having comm problems. Here is the PDF file.
View attachment Hoth Style Patch.pdf

Last edited:
I think Battlefront dlc is out I think people have started ripping files, unfortunately there is no M1 helmet that has surfaced.

Fabric
It was a big challenge so I was lucky enough for my cousin to be in town for December for a visit and Christmas etc.
we calculated from the poster image that there are 10.5 ribbed sections for sewing after a few tests we have a prototype. I took yesterday off and worked with her on it. we almost got it finished. When she goes back to Melbourne and has all her equipment she can make them for us. I know some people would like to make there own, so we have a basic pattern now that I need to scan in the near future for you guys.

Tests The top ribs are the perfect size.
View attachment 688870

I'm sorry its blurry its the only one I took but you get the idea.
View attachment 688873

Sprayed it with a chrome then used some mayo to put some scratches then painted with a metallic dark grey with a hint of blue. next step washes.
View attachment 688872
Hope to get some more progress tonight.

holy crap that is cool!!!!!

yep helmet covers do exist but they dont have the rib section down the middle. I didnt have a button hole foot at the time so will have to do it by hand later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back