Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

@Reelo Fantastic! great poster you can realy get in there and see the details.

Printed the first piece, I'm really impressed with how well ReMake captured the helmet. The piece will need a small amount of modification. Changing the location of the bottom crescent shape holes down a bit and adjusting the angle of the grooves going up the helmet so they match the fabric closer. . . .

*The helmet is a complete ring* so this is not correct any more. I think thats very in line with the rebel helmets on Endor. A few changes tonight and I think we will be ready to start the printing the whole thing. Im Very pleased with the flashlight, thats Bang on.
View attachment 683484View attachment 683485View attachment 683486View attachment 683487

Mr Mould Maker will be putting an interest thread up Friday and I plan to have all the design work done and have a few pieces to show for reference. With the time we have we think its important to focus on the armor rather than casting the other stuff. I will load the torch and boxes up to shapeways tonight/tomorrow for who ever is interested.

OMG!!! yes!!!! beautiful!

The full version of Nissan's "Battle-Tested" ad was posted:

It has some new shots of the helmet:

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.07.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.18.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.08.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.08.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.09.10 PM.png

Also, here's a bigger version of the new poster (source):

CxZiMUaUAAAJdlJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of a swappable back vent piece quite a bit!

It's amazing that you guys have been able to work this much out based on blurry posters, milliseconds of footage of background characters and Legos.

Been scrolling through the extended advert all night pulling pics and seeing whats what. You can almost put it together now.
posterarrows.jpg
You can definatly see some endor back styles going on there! I see a flat head screw, perhaps holding the armor on, there is one on the oposite side near the back also.
Its also fairly thin you can see in the close up . .
helmet thickness2.png

Last edited:
Thanks @Toa Quarax got my first nerd out for today. SO GOOO! You see Gareth Edwards with these super contained smiles and you can imagin him going nuts on the inside. I watched the CE reveal a while a go, thats worth a watch too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, I have it to a reasonable version to show you an idea of whats what. I will fill in the backs of the grooves later to about 3mm that way you can really get some contrast in there(maybe some carbon scoring?). Duno why the middle pic is so small, you can check it out at https://cannysgambit.blogspot.com
Rebel%2BHelmet%2BM1Mk5%2BHsink1.png

Rebel%u00252BHelmet%u00252BM1Mk5%u00252BHsink2.png
Rebel%2BHelmet%2BM1Mk5%2BHsink4.png

Attachments

• Rebel%u00252BHelmet%u00252BM1Mk5%u00252BHsink2.png
    Rebel%u00252BHelmet%u00252BM1Mk5%u00252BHsink2.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 122
I'm very close to finishing the design work the front is complete. The back needs some tweaking to match the reference material. Then separate it into printable sections, I want to make the vent section completely separate so on the off chance its not 99% I can swap it out making it easy for everyone.
NEW_VERSION_Rebel_Helmet_M1Mk5%u00252BRENDER2.png
NEW_VERSION_Rebel_Helmet_M1Mk5%u00252BRENDER1.png
NEW_VERSION_Rebel_Helmet_M1Mk5%u00252BRENDER5.png
NEW_VERSION_Rebel_Helmet_M1Mk5%u00252BRENDER4.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back