"Jay Garrick" Season 2 - The Flash - The Pants

Nelzie

I'm working up the finishing touches of my Golden Era Jay Garrick costume, which uses the original traditional look of dark blue jeans, long sleeve red shirt with lightning bolt on the chest. Black belt with chrome buckle, but I have gone with red Chuck Taylor's, rather than Mercury booties.

I've recently discovered that there are some great looking jackets available for the TV show look. It's also been easy to locate gloves and boots that are "close enough" to the look...

The pants though. Those are definitely different. Does anyone have any ideas on the fabric, the cut/style and if there might be something on the market? I'm not opposed to printing out a pattern, taking some measurements and going to town with a sewing machine.

Anyway... Does anyone have any pointers for the screen accurate pants?

Here's my helmet. I ordered a WW1 helmet, which I'm still unsure if it was a prop or one that's been sitting in surplus for ages, as it looked so beautiful, stripped ALL the paint off of it and then polished, polished and polished some more, which has given it a fantastic patina and the final polishing compound that I used left a protective layer which has kept the helmet from rusting the past year.

I also have included a pic of the old femo clay wings in place too.

Attachments

• Helmet_With_3D_Wings.jpg
    Helmet_With_3D_Wings.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 501
  • Golden_Wings.jpg
    Golden_Wings.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 186
  • Old_Wing.jpg
    Old_Wing.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 466
If anyone is interested in how I finished the helmet. I simply stripped it, then started polishing it.

At the shop, I have access to an Air Compressor, so I picked up a 20,000 rpm angle grinder, attached a polishing head and used a metal polish that coats and seals the finished surface.

The helmet has looked the same, with no visible rust forming, for over 1 year, stored out in the open. I briefly considered paint or plating, but the look of paint or plating never looks right, unless it's a very expensive process and I was already quite into costs with this helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back