Rogue One TIE Fighter Pilot

Toa Quarax

Advanced Graphics recently released an image of their life-size "Atmospheric TIE Pilot" cardboard cutout:

2255_TieFighterPilot_R1_28.jpg

Also, Sideshow Collectibles is making a figure of the new pilot (note the lack of flashlight on the E-11):

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-01 (1).jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-02 (1).jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-03.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-04.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-05.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-06.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-07.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-08.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-09.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-10.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-11.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-12.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-13.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-14.jpgstar-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-15.jpg

The Black Series Shadow Trooper Electronic Voice Changer Helmet (exclusive to Amazon) would be a good base for the helmet, since the "face" is a separate part:

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SHADOW-TROOPER-HELMET-oop.jpgfSUXqUW.jpg

Looks pretty faithful to the original, though I don't know about the material his suit is made from. Repels spilled beverages well!

At first glance I thought he had ejection straps like the AT-AT pilot. Looks like the strap just goes to his crotch.

To me, the face plate does not look like it matches the new stormtrooper helmet. The teeth look much taller and the eyes look different.

Also if you want to convert the Hasbro Shadow helmet, you may have an issue with the molded in brow.

Last edited:
I wondered how long before someone was going to turn a Hasbro Helmet into a Tie Pilot.
This should be a fun build.

Any more informations on the Rogue One TIE pilot?

It's very strange to see that the faceplate isn't the same as the Stormtrooper. From some screen capture, it seems to be vacuum formed just like the old one, but in a more sanitized style (symmetrical faceplate?). Where stormtrooper are clearly multi part, probably made out of molded urethane just like the First Order Stormtrooper.

In the cardboard cutout shot, the eyes do not resemble the originals in the OT. The cornering looks rounded. We should corroborate with screenshots of R1 to be sure, but this would indicate yet another prop that was not based on the Lucasfilm Archives (the Archives was not part of the $4B acquisition of Lucasfilm by Disney).

The R1 ties are essentially an idealized OT TIE helmet. Other than that, they're different from the rest of the R1 stormtrooper helmets. It's a shame that Anovos altered the sculpts to change them into "OT" TIE helmets, rather than just sell an exclusive R1 helmet

The R1 ties are essentially an idealized OT TIE helmet. Other than that, they're different from the rest of the R1 stormtrooper helmets. It's a shame that Anovos altered the sculpts to change them into "OT" TIE helmets, rather than just sell an exclusive R1 helmet
What are you referring to about Anovos altering the sculpts of TIE helmets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What are you referring to about Anovos altering the sculpts of TIE helmets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You'd think with all the complaints about their TIEs being too symmetrical and large, there would be someone questioning "where" they got them from, especially since they ditched using MonCal's stuff

Hum.... from what I saw of the ANOVOS TIE pilot helmet, I thought it could be a good base for a R1 replicas (except the eyes too sharp and not rounded).

I join tubachris85x about the idea that the replicas from ANOVOS could be linked to the original props from R1. Maybe that they will be reused for the SOLO movie and thatmore informations will come....

Hum.... from what I saw of the ANOVOS TIE pilot helmet, I thought it could be a good base for a R1 replicas (except the eyes too sharp and not rounded).

I join tubachris85x about the idea that the replicas from ANOVOS could be linked to the original props from R1. Maybe that they will be reused for the SOLO movie and thatmore informations will come....

It's not an idea

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back