MST3K Season 11 - REVIEW THREAD (SPOILERS!)

I'm having trouble telling who's talking most of the time, can't tell the 3 new voices apart. Tom really needed a lower voice or something.

i'm glad i'm not the only one.

and the ONLY reason i can tell crow is because he sounds a bit like trace.

Jonah and servo, no hope at all with those two.

I'm having trouble telling who's talking most of the time, can't tell the 3 new voices apart. Tom really needed a lower voice or something.
I agree.

I fell asleep last night during REPTILICUS and awoke to Bigfoot. WTF? They're riffing way too much, too, it's like the writers feel they have to fill every second with wit and reaction. Quantity over quality. Pfft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i got thru Reptelicus and halfway thru The Wilderness... 2nd one is funnier so far.

i was also trying to figure out who's talking... i get confused between Jonah and Servo... Crowe is pretty discernible. i'll finish TW tonight but it's got better chuckles than the first.

i just hope they lay off the social commentary riffs...

there where three i spotted so far.. two in reptilicus, and one in journey to earth. after a year of feigbuster talk, anything related to that stuff just instantly sours on me :)

I'm mostly through Reptilicus, and I really enjoy it so far. As a kickstarter backer, I feel that I've gotten my money's worth and then some. Reptilicus won me over with the Kaiju song and the Prince Little Red Corvette riff.

According to the kickstarter updates, if you got a voice mail, they are going out :).

it was so damn hard to choose who to get one from. even harder if they offered a trace/kevin servo/crow combo.

Who's gonna build the new Tom Servo?

XZLRqr0.jpg

I'm also noticing that because they are trying to fit in so many jokes, they sometimes start the beginning of a particular joke several seconds before you even get to the shot that the joke is referencing, which really breaks the illusion that it's done realtime.

I did notice that their riff pacing seems REALLY fast. Some of it is great, but other times the jokes don't have time to breathe. I think that may just be a function of how the actors are all still a bit new to the whole thing. Plus, it's produced differently. They have multiple pupeteers for the bots, but on the original, it was literally Kevin and Trace moving them.

I'm actually enjoying this, which is surprising because I figured it would suck. I've gotten through the first 4 so far and haven't had any serious complaints.

I'm actually enjoying this, which is surprising because I figured it would suck. I've gotten through the first 4 so far and haven't had any serious complaints.

pretty much my thoughts as well.

i feel anything i dislike i'll either get used to in season 12, or it'll be worked out.

I just don't buy patton as an 'evil genius'. frank just had a different 'vibe' than he does and idon't think it works.

Felica, with a little work....while no pearl, could be fun.

Felicia's overacting a little. Not that overacting wasn't a staple of the original.

All the jokes … look at the number of writers. Way too many cooks in the kitchen, all probably trying to get their quips in. They could cut down about 60% of them.

Some references I get as I always got the Baby Boomer and Gen X references. Newer ones for Millenials, should be dropped IMHO.

I realize that the style and content changed when Joel left and Mike Nelson was the lead, not to mention the offshoots, but this is Joel bringing back the original idea, right? I would rather it stuck to the initial concept, just as the Satellite of Love set is similar. My 2¢.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife turned to me at one point and said of Felicia Day "Wait, so, is she supposed to be entertaining? Or is it just that she likes geeky things and is pretty?"

I haven't seen enough of her work to say (I never finished The Guild and don't know what else she's done), but what's the answer here? Has she actually done good work elsewhere? Is she sort of a geek icon like Wil Wheaton?

My wife turned to me at one point and said of Felicia Day "Wait, so, is she supposed to be entertaining? Or is it just that she likes geeky things and is pretty?"

I haven't seen enough of her work to say (I never finished The Guild and don't know what else she's done), but what's the answer here? Has she actually done good work elsewhere? Is she sort of a geek icon like Wil Wheaton?

To be honest, before this I had no clue who Felecia Day even was.

To be clear, I don't know if her work outside of the guild and the new MST3K is good or bad. I'm honestly asking here. I gather she was fine in Dr. Horrible (I never finished that one, either). Perfectly charming in her role (which was to be a charming object of affection), but beyond that, I have no idea what else she's done.

I've found her bits on MST3K to be...you know, fine. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Her comic delivery isn't as good as Patton's (no surprise there -- he's amazing), but I don't really hold the host segments to too high a standard to begin with.

same here.

no idea who patton oswalt was either, but then , i don't keep up on either current celebrities, or current internet fads. all i knew is that they where known names, something mst3k never really bothered with before.

and i also knew they where from nerdist, something i really didn't care for after having the unfortunate distinction of trying to listen to their rick moranis podcast, a rare get indeed that they totally mucked up imho by not letting the guest talk. was all about chris.

Patton, as mentioned before, just comes off as a pompous hollywood jerk to me, based on his nerd interaction. and that fowled my opinion of him early on (also odd, since i normally don't care for, or stand up for, youtube celebrities)..

at this point i'm wiling to give felicia and jonah more of a chance to improve over time. i could care less if they recast patton or the new servo.

Why? There was never a cutoff point for references in the old series. The only reason there have never before been "newer" references for "Millennials" is because the show has been off the air for 18 years.

I don't mind the "milennial" references. The show always included current references. It's just that what was current in 1993 is now....not.

oh, and as far as updated riffs go.

I honestly don't mind them all that much, so long as they leave reality stars like the kraptashians out of it :)

i may not get all the new post 90s references, but the show has to update with the times :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back