Kevin's scatter build thread

While I'm waiting on Kylo's paint to cure, I worked on my 3d obiwan. This is the base coat and not yet weathered. I also plan on using a real d ring and I have a Calc bubble card I may cut down that should look better than the printed one.
14762322861141668112982.jpg

Upon further review I will need to stay with the 3d parts to finish. No room or attachments for a real Calc card. I weathered it as you can see and dry fitted the rest of the parts for a glance
1476237519063371609987.jpg1476237553559-547219775.jpg1476237584331-426765727.jpg1476237687263645843821.jpg1476237687263645843821.jpg
this will be a place holder until I get my hands on Romans kit.

Last edited:
looks great buddy! love the wind vane
Thank you, lots of dry brushing, washing and wiping. 3d plastic isn't as friendly as the metal.

On a side note, I just ordered my clamp lever, d ring and completion set from roy at wannawanga.com
Also my card was ordered a couple weeks ago from slothfurnace. Thanks for the tips

Pulled a 14 hour day today so I'm beat! But I had treats waiting for me when I got home.
14764939217771668112982.jpg
Now I can finally begin the finish work on my E11! Also shown is romans clamp with slothfurnace soldered ROTJ card. Roys clamp lever along with a d ring are also on the way. Yes, these will be for anakin starkiller's uni body v2

very nice clamp, is that black box for the e11? i dont know the name of it, it was some kind of counter right?

very nice clamp, is that black box for the e11? i dont know the name of it, it was some kind of counter right?
Can't take the credit, that's the clamp recommend by you. And yes, the black box is for the E11 blaster. It's a hengstler counter replica. Mounts to the side under the scope and attaches to the power cylinders

Back to my kylo helmet. I used the hammered finish however it just didn't match up to the BS helmet at all. So I went to my other projects to think it out. (That's one of the benifits of having multiple projects) So after some thought I decided to take another approach and bought a cheapo mini paint roller for rough texture, shot some filler primer and rolled it. I think this will do. I used filler primer because the other primers are too thin and I didn't believe it would give me much to work with.

IMG_2648.JPGIMG_2649.JPGIMG_2651.JPGIMG_2650.JPG

I think this is much better now and looks more realistic in my eyes. The 3 dots on top are strange and aren't on the finish, I think it's just a reflection of some kind. I used the hammered again however once the paint cures I think I will shoot a flat black over it to take that bronze look away. Just use the roller shot with hammered for added texture.

What do you think?
IMG_2654.JPGIMG_2656.JPG
And for the record, I am always up for contructive criticism so please feel free to comment.

Last edited:
Dude the paint roller was a genius idea!!!
Thanks danny, I had a few days to think about it. It's amazing where your mind goes when you are sanding! Lol.
I am getting ready to put the finishing touches on my stormtrooper E11, just waiting for the trigger gaurd to dry and I can finally put this thing together. This will complete the sterling scratch build and I can begin adding the E11 parts. Hurray!

Check back in a few.

Thanks danny, I had a few days to think about it. It's amazing where your mind goes when you are sanding! Lol.
I am getting ready to put the finishing touches on my stormtrooper E11, just waiting for the trigger gaurd to dry and I can finally put this thing together. This will complete the sterling scratch build and I can begin adding the E11 parts. Hurry!

Check back in a few.

...tell me about it. i was sanding more last night.... tired of this crap

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back