Kevin's scatter build thread

More progress with the mouth gaurd. I filled in the piece I cut out and built up the bottom edge around the lenses. Also shot a filler primer coat on the sabers.

IMG_2636.JPGIMG_2635.JPGIMG_2637.JPG

Still alot of work to do on these but it all started to blend together. Now I can see where I need to work with a shot of primer
1475884317937-426765727.jpg

that filler primer really does work! wow i can't believe it makes that much of a difference!

what material did you use to fill the mouth guard hole? looks great

that filler primer really does work! wow i can't believe it makes that much of a difference!

what material did you use to fill the mouth guard hole? looks great
I used styrene and also my knowledge and experience from building R2. Simple flat pack build ups.

So after a full work day, cutting grass and a few chores, I was able to glass my helmet and finally get some weathering paint on my m38 scope for the E11. Also you may notice some funny lines inside the helmet. This is a trick I like because it cleans up so much better. I have used tacky glue before to hold down my fiberglass mesh however, this stuff breaks apart so quick, you end up with hairy fiberglass hands. You still do with glue however, the glue pulls right off your fingers if you use Elmers wood glue.
20161008_182335.jpg20161008_182006.jpg20161008_182233.jpg

Also had a little treat waiting for me in the mail today. It's my clamp from roman. I bought it along with the card for anikan starkillers uni body V2. I know he hasn't started it yet but I didn't want romans clamp to sell out.
1475969815878-942036047.jpg

I'm beat and done for the day. I want to check out the other threads and relax tonight.

Another pleasant surprise. My 3d printed obiwan clamp is the same exact size as Romans true to original clamp. I was certain the 3d print may be off a tad here and there but so far it's right on the money.
1475979685314-1155972635.jpg1475979721501-347346563.jpg

looking good! pretty cool the clamp is the same size. I'm curious, are you planing on spraying the blaster the same black as the scope?

looking good! pretty cool the clamp is the same size. I'm curious, are you planing on spraying the blaster the same black as the scope?
The E11 blaster has already been painted in wrinkle paint. The scope paint is more of a flat dull coat over brass. Smooth as well vrs the sterling finish being bumpy.

- - - Updated - - -

The E11 blaster has already been painted in wrinkle paint. The scope paint is more of a flat dull coat over brass. Smooth as well vrs the sterling finish being bumpy.

I just ordered the last missing piece being the hengstler counter so it won't be long until I can finish this as well.

I shot some primer on to see where I am. Still more sanding and prep work to do but it's starting to take shape.

20161009_162811.jpg20161009_162832.jpg20161009_162902.jpg

Finished weathering the scope for the E11. Just waiting on the hengstler counter to come in and I can assemble the rail that attaches to the blaster. I also have the power cylinders that I need to finish up. This piece is from field Marshall and it comes highly recommended
IMG_2638.JPGIMG_2639.JPGIMG_2640.JPGIMG_2641.JPG

Last edited:
kevin it came out great! any advice on how to fill the white letters? its been raining all day here today, i havent accomplished anything besides folding cloths and vacuuming

kevin it came out great! any advice on how to fill the white letters? its been raining all day here today, i havent accomplished anything besides folding cloths and vacuuming
It's really easy to do. I use a hair dryer and hit the area I want to fill in, then take a crayon and rub it in. Then use a paper towel or soft cloth and wipe away the excess. Just repeat these steps until you are satisfied.

Tip 1- the hair dryer will warm the area to help melt the wax.

Tip 2- don't use cheapo or no name brand crayons. I like Crayola

This trick works great on any color so don't be affraid to play! Just heat until you feel warmth. You don't need to have it super hot. You can also warm up the crayon first if you are concerned about heat on your project.

It's really easy to do. I use a hair dryer and hit the area I want to fill in, then take a crayon and rub it in. Then use a paper towel or soft cloth and wipe away the excess. Just repeat these steps until you are satisfied.

Tip 1- the hair dryer will warm the area to help melt the wax.

Tip 2- don't use cheapo or no name brand crayons. I like Crayola

This trick works great on any color so don't be affraid to play! Just heat until you feel warmth. You don't need to have it super hot. You can also warm up the crayon first if you are concerned about heat on your project.

ha i didnt think of that, a lot of guys use that trick to fill in the logo's on their fire arms. i didnt even think of the crayon trick! very clever!

Added a coat of hammered black. I have an idea I would like to try for the rest.
IMG_2642.JPGIMG_2643.JPG
I used jack stands to support the helmet while painting. The grass will grow out but maybe I should have put down some card board first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back