Kevin's scatter build thread

Tom that first picture ur posted, with the boba get rope around Luke

Is that some kind of lever I see on the side of the Yuma saber??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think so! The first control boxes probably were machined or cast in resin and included a chunk on the side. To me it looks like a rectangular chunk with an angled portion hanging below, like a trapezoid shape. I don't think it was an actual functioning lever, just the large plain shape that could be mistaken for one. Which was the point I think.

i think so! The first control boxes probably were machined or cast in resin and included a chunk on the side. To me it looks like a rectangular chunk with an angled portion hanging below, like a trapezoid shape. I don't think it was an actual functioning lever, just the large plain shape that could be mistaken for one. Which was the point I think.

i think i see piece of a toe nail clipper! :wacko

How did I miss this thread?? I saw "scatter" and thought "That must be some Clone Wars BS" and ignored it. Great stuff in there Kevin! Mad skills, and I envy your budget too. ;) Subscribed!

How did I miss this thread?? I saw "scatter" and thought "That must be some Clone Wars BS" and ignored it. Great stuff in there Kevin! Mad skills, and I envy your budget too. ;) Subscribed!
Thank you. Very nice comments. I also posted reference to you in my dl44 build. Thank you for that as well.

My bank account didn't envy my budget:rolleyes I need to be a good boy this year so NO more spending with the exception of anikans v2 that I already committed to. I have a bunch of projects already paid for sitting on my bench, so I will be building, just not spending (with the exception of supplies like paint or cleaners that is).

Ok, my new grips just arrived from Roy@wannawanga.com
I made a blunder on my last set and cut them at the wrong degree. It was pointed out before I went too far (thanks Chaïm, you saved my butt again)

So before I make another blunder, these should be cut to 60 degress for lukes ANH saber, correct?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

blueprint-Luke-ANH-2_zpsck1m4nco.jpg

Indeed 60º or 30º depending from your base-line either the bottom of the T-track or the G R A F L E X clamp see the blueprint above also ANH might also have a slight curve if you prefer for easier handling :)

Chaïm

So I have been extremely busy with work averaging 60 hours a week,. It's all good but the home front and my shop as well as play time suffer. I really needed to do something with my work area so I decided to add a taller bench and a true 3 sided wrap around work area. The added bench works great for me to be able to work on precision parts without crouching over.
IMG_2979.JPGIMG_2981.JPGIMG_2980.JPG

After
IMG_2982.JPGIMG_2983.JPGIMG_2985.JPG
So much nicer work space now. Also was finally able to permanently attach my vise and bench grinder. I'm going to put a buffing wheel on the side that hangs over.
IMG_2988.JPGIMG_2989.JPG
The construction part is over but I still have a little to go as far as cleaning. I filled up my garbage bins so I need to wait till garbage collection day. I also need to go through all my materials and supplies to see what's good and get more room back.

I have been looking at the stolen hard drive version of the death star plans and always thought it could be a fun project. A nice background piece to sit with other props.

I had a couple of the ryobi drill bit sets and to me, it looks close enough to the correct size. With a little modification, it looks like a possible fit.
if-that-isnt-a-death-star-data-tape-in-that-toys-hands-i-dont-know-what-is.jpeg
funny, I don't remember seeing this scene in the movie.
IMG_2990.JPGIMG_2991.JPG
For those that may be interested, this set costs around 10 DOLLARS at home depot. It's the older blue, however the new ryobi green is the same size. Not to mention, you get free drill bits to go with your project.

I think I have everything I need in my scrap pile to build it for nothing. What do you guys think? Close enough?

I finally dug out my new grips and cut them down to size along with the correct angle this time:facepalm (thanks Chaïm )

Everything is all laid out and ready to go. This is roys wannawanga.com kit and romans graflex. The reason I haven't begun assembly is because I'm going on a flash gun pic, but I need to wait until he is ready. We are both contractors that work with each other and we are both very busy. Not much time to play. So in a way, it could be looked at like waiting for a run. Lol.
nt even sure if he has a graflex and if the price is right? I'm sure we can work out a deal. It would still cost me however, maybe more labor than cash. If he has a graflex, it would be used as an ANH version, and romans would be made into a TFA.

Oh well, wait and see I guess.

Here's my preparation with the graflex dulled down and waiting for its parts.
IMG_2992.JPGIMG_2993.JPGIMG_2994.JPGIMG_2996.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

kevin, it looks great! R2 is coming together!

Shhh, he will here you and want to run around

I had a nice present waiting for me when I got home today. Trents stencils were waiting for me in my mail box. They look great and can't wait to use them.

This is the final piece of the puzzle to go along with, Roys lever and d ring, romans clamp,sloths card and some set screws and mystery chunk. Just waiting on the V2

Can't wait to get started.

IMG_2997.JPGIMG_2999.JPG

If you would like a parts list for anakin v2, you can go to the preparation thread I started and there are links on the first page for all parts needed.

I started my r2d2 project 3 years ago taking breaks now and again, but last year an unnamed culprit :rolleyes guided me here almost a year to this date. I was instantly taken and began some props. Well poor r2 sat on the bench watching me work on everything but him. So it's time to tinker with him once again.

I left off with building my charging port. These are sold in runs however I'm stubborn, and I have already scratch built the entire assembly of the body so far, so why stop there.

These are some parts like a scooter charger and a status meter. I pieced them together and made a cardboard template to work off. Once I liked it, I transferred it to 2mm styrene. Here are a couple of WIP photos.

IMG_3011.JPGIMG_3014.JPGIMG_3015.JPGIMG_3016.JPGIMG_3018.JPG
I plan on designing some front detail just for looks and fun.

I started my r2d2 project 3 years ago taking breaks now and again, but last year an unnamed culprit :rolleyes guided me here almost a year to this date. I was instantly taken and began some props. Well poor r2 sat on the bench watching me work on everything but him. So it's time to tinker with him once again.

I left off with building my charging port. These are sold in runs however I'm stubborn, and I have already scratch built the entire assembly of the body so far, so why stop there.

These are some parts like a scooter charger and a status meter. I pieced them together and made a cardboard template to work off. Once I liked it, I transferred it to 2mm styrene. Here are a couple of WIP photos.

View attachment 703101View attachment 703102View attachment 703103View attachment 703104View attachment 703106
I plan on designing some front detail just for looks and fun.

dude i didnt know we start R2 building at the same time?! your so much further along then me!! LOL very nice charging port!! damn ******* who lead you hear, what a jerk! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back