Firespray Prototype 1/160

joeydee

We all know the history of the Slave I, one of the six Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft prototypes developed by Kuat Systems Engineering.
I thought of a scene with a half-finished prototype performing a hover test in a Kuat hangar, some time before it was delivered to prison moon Oovo IV.

Based on a Revell EasyKit Pocket (1/160 scale), decorated with some model railroad staff, kitbash parts, repaint, custom decals and a scratched R2 unit.

i38112bxaery.jpg

i38113b46bhc.jpg

i38114bchheu.jpg

i38115b8let2.jpg

i38116bh63vg.jpg

i38117bh4vlm.jpg

i38118bwhgxo.jpg

i38119bgqqov.jpg

i38120bdtmhc.jpg

i38121bkkbe5.jpg

I love it- I really do...

Except for the symbols, and English. It just removes it from Star Wars.

I mean, really, otherwise, it's beautiful and I love the concept...

I love just about everything about this- the concept, the paint scheme, the unique mounting- but I especially love the way you depicted a team of technicians caught in a moment working on a prototype complete with exposed wiring and hand gestures (you can almost hear them yelling over the engine sounds).

Thanks all!

I love it- I really do...
Except for the symbols, and English. It just removes it from Star Wars.
/QUOTE]

English text is a point. Maybe I can print new Aurebesh decals.
The symbols - hm, nearly essential for the "prototype" character. Any other fictional symbols would soon move it to a typical patched-up rebels vessel with its colored stripes and markings.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back