A few Special Deagostini Modifications myself

Hey Fett, got your engine deck parts from Shapeways yesterday. Brilliant!
Still got to get the Hawker Hurricane wing and do some work on the deck first but these extra greeblies will be awesome!!
Will be getting the rear fins & mounts and the McClaren mandible parts too soon :)
Cheers!
IMG_4022.jpg

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your work. Do lots of "dry fitting" since there are no pins or slots! I have my rear deck about done, but of course now I'm thinking of replacing the tank deck parts. I still have 2 and 1/2 "koolshade" vents to finish as well and those take quite a bit of time and focus so I keep putting it off. Someday......Thanks again for your purchase.
Hey Fett, got your engine deck parts from Shapeways yesterday. Brilliant!
Still got to get the Hawker Hurricane wing and do some work on the deck first but these extra greeblies will be awesome!!
Will be getting the rear fins & mounts and the McClaren mandible parts too soon :)
Cheers!
View attachment 831926

After not touching this for a loooong time, I am back at it. I am using Nico's exhaust kit and each grill takes a couple to few hours so after 3 I had to take a 2 year break. I just need to thread the copper wire for two of them and and insert the rails and thread 1. I wanted to share a pic after I hit the rear deck with the main color and three of the finished grills, only the middle one is painted. They are so much cooler than the straight photo etch we usually see for these grills. MY SS TIE has real vintage Koolshade and Nicos looks the part but smaller. I am looking forward to bending and weathering them. My plan is to paint the deck to get me jazzed about doing the rest.
file-15.jpeg

Awesome, man!
Mine's taken a long hiatus too, unfortunately. Bit distracted by the Bandai PG MF and the Moebius pod but will get some more shapeways parts off you though for that engine deck in the not too distant future hopefully.

This model is my final Falcon. I want a Bandai PG but I committed to the Deago. If the PG had come out first I would have never done any of this as the 5 footer is my fave and I just wanted a big pallet to work with. Looking forward to seeing what you do with my parts.

This model is my final Falcon. I want a Bandai PG but I committed to the Deago. If the PG had come out first I would have never done any of this as the 5 footer is my fave and I just wanted a big pallet to work with. Looking forward to seeing what you do with my parts.

You took the words right outta my mouth. I must admit that since the Bandai PG was announced, that several times in my own Deago journey I wished I had just waited for the inevitable Bandai release as the 5 footer is my fav too. BUT, every time I look at that behemoth hull pieces I know I will eventually hold the ULTIMATE Millennium Falcon and will have been worth the journey.

Same. I'm definitely an ANH 5' MF guy and would never have got the Deago if the Bandai had come out first but I'm really glad it didn't because that thing has really grown on me. Even half finished it just looks epic.

Having said that though guys, if you haven't already, you really must get the Bandai 1/72 PG MF too one day. It really is worth it. There's so much subtle detail that goes unnoticed, no matter how many times you pour over the photos. The detail and accuracy is superb and building it takes you to another level of appreciation. You just can't help but marvel at the work those guys put into the real thing back then. It really is a masterpiece.

If you like the ESB version its possible Bandai might be coming out with that in the near future so you could wait a bit.

Some painting has begun. Finally I can see my 3D printed parts on all their glory. Since this is the 32" with 5 foot details the paint is a loose representation on the 5 foot job. Not fore the purist, but I'm enjoying it. Full disclosure-the bottom is still only in primer!

Attachments

• IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 340
So I haven’t posted in a while but thought some may be interested in seeing how I will display my Falcon. This is a wall speaker mount. Eventually I will cover it with an asteroid. I used part of he mount it came with,but mounted it inside as I didn’t use the interior bay. On that I fit an aluminum square bar and then I cut the end off the speaker mount and slid the bar into it where it has holes that bolt through the bar.the falcon can be displayed horizontal and is on a swivel. Had this in the planning for a long time so even though the weathering isn’t done,when I finally found a mount,up she wen. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• BA8520AF-70B5-44E5-987F-01F5FE7693E8.jpeg
    BA8520AF-70B5-44E5-987F-01F5FE7693E8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back