A few Special Deagostini Modifications myself

Thanks so much Fett_Ish for putting those up on shapeways. I just grabbed the quad gun disc details and will get those beautiful McLaren parts soon. Can't wait to see what else you put up for sale.

Careful with the pieces from that set! The parts are so small as to not be effected by gravity. Just make sure to have a place with a dark background when you dump them out of the little baggy and don't sneeze! I will put all the parts I made up in the next few days, just want them to make sense as some may want only the Valkyrie engines, and I have them mixed with the Y shaped parts that go on the flaps. Thanks for getting some parts, you're the first, after me of course!

Thanks so much Fett_Ish for putting those up on shapeways. I just grabbed the quad gun disc details and will get those beautiful McLaren parts soon. Can't wait to see what else you put up for sale.

Will do, thanks for the warning. Funny thing, I had already tried to replicate these details best I could and even found some scaled down kits of the parts used on the 5 footer, but your parts are far superior. Looks like I have some fine chisel work in my near future to remove my old parts to prep for yours. Thanks again.

A couple shots of some tiny new parts-Jawbox greeblies, they're too long, but I like the overhang so sue me. The other two I had to make as the changes I made to that side near the Rectena looked odd without them.Probably gonna redo tghe piping with something a bit smaller. IMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPG

I have trying to get the Valkyrie engines up in a way that would allow the whole set to be purchased, but file size is stopping that at the moment. If I bring down my poly count they get ugly and I don't want that. My Quad greeblies have been pretty popular, which is cool. I will post some changes I have made to the back deck next week and see if anyone is interested in those. If you are interested in something you see in this thread that isn't in my shop, let me know and I'll see about getting them up.

Thanks! I just put up more stuff today. This was all only ever meant for my build, but people have asked so up they go. I am not going for 100% accuracy or else nothing would get done, so some modifications may be required to suit tastes.Also making an exact copy of a part for the 5 footer and shrinking it down doesn't necessarily work so some workarounds are needed. I only mark up a dollar or so to keep the cost down, but it still gets pricey. The key is to get as much as youcan in one order to save on shipping. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Great stuff, Fett_Ish!
I need to save a few pennies for now but definitely interested in all your parts on Shapeways soon.

Awesome, Fett_Ish!
I have the same attitude. You can't be too crazy counting all the rivets on this thing there's just too much of a difference between the 5' & 32", not only will nothing get done but it'll drive you crazy, in which case you'd be better off starting from scratch anyway or going with the Bandai if you're after perfection.
The key areas i'll want to make more like the 5' are the engine deck, the upper jaw box piping and the ANH ventral maintenance bays.
And of course addressing the flatter profile of the 32" which I've posted about here https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=287685&p=4416965#post4416965.

Will definitely order all your parts on Shapeways in one go, just have another expense to deal with so should be clear to place an order end of May.
Cheers

Hi Fett_Ish,

I just purchased your FinsRearDeckMF set on Shapeways and just noticed that on the digital image example the fuel towers details are mirrored on both sides when they should be different. The images that you have posted here show the correct details so is it possible that the digital image is incorrect or am I missing something, lol.

I posted a comment on the shapeways item then thought, silly, I should just reply to your thread over here, lol.

Bryan

Ack! I screwed up and uploaded the wrong file. I made edits and printed them off for myself and should have never put those up for sale! I apologize and will upload the proper ones at some point this week. Erk, I hate myself, and regret putting this stuff up at all, but I will make it right the only way I can, which is to put up the files that I used on mine in a way to mitigate cost.

Hi Fett_Ish,

I just purchased your FinsRearDeckMF set on Shapeways and just noticed that on the digital image example the fuel towers details are mirrored on both sides when they should be different. The images that you have posted here show the correct details so is it possible that the digital image is incorrect or am I missing something, lol.

I posted a comment on the shapeways item then thought, silly, I should just reply to your thread over here, lol.

Bryan

Hey Bro, don't beat yourself up too much. It was an honest mistake and as these will be used on the bottom it won't be that noticeable. For the 5 footer its more about the top detail and the thickness which is perfect. Thanks for adding these to shapeways and I will be getting more of your awesome stuff down the road as I continue on the journey with this awesome falcon model.

I just saw your post about this. I have a set of fins in production with Shapeways right now. I guess they"ll update my order when the new file is uploaded? The parts look great. Thanks for sharing them.

I don't want to bring your hopes down, but shapeways doesn't usually update files in the production process once you hit the buy button. you'd have to cancel your order for this specific item/file and then oder the new file again...

I just saw your post about this. I have a set of fins in production with Shapeways right now. I guess they"ll update my order when the new file is uploaded? The parts look great. Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Fett-Ish,

I received the Shapeways parts and man I love them! The fuel towers are awesome and with just a little customization they will look great. The Sealab parts are superb too. Thanks for putting these up for sale.

Hopefully tonight I am going to upload the files for the ones I actually used. The uprights in a set of 4 and 8 with and without the tank parts and fins they sit in. Sorry, my excuse is that I keep playing Far Cry and working on other model projects, not computer related. Oh and taxes! I would hold off Bwize, but I understand if you don't want to shell out for another set. I'm also curious to see how you mount them to the bottom as I haven't figured that yet.

Hi Fett-Ish,

I received the Shapeways parts and man I love them! The fuel towers are awesome and with just a little customization they will look great. The Sealab parts are superb too. Thanks for putting these up for sale.

Cool, thx so much for your awesome designs. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the updated 4 towers set and bough the updated set with the sealab sleds as I had to sacrifice 2 from the original set for the bottom 2.

As for how I installed them, I chiseled off the majority of the modeled on parts then used my dremmel to grind down the rest. Wasn't perfect, but will do fine for the bottom which will not be seen that much, lol I also used 1/72 8Rad parts as I think it looks best and brings the level up to where the fuel towers rest. Nice thing about the Dragon 1/72 8Rad parts, is that the 2 that I used for the bottom that were cut down, the rest of the piece can be used on the inner mandibles, so no waste.

20180420_001000.jpg20180420_001028.jpg

Hi Fett, I want to get your engine deck parts over on Shapeways, just wanted to check-in with you first before I do incase you have any file updates you're doing.

Hi Fett, I want to get your engine deck parts over on Shapeways, just wanted to check-in with you first before I do incase you have any file updates you're doing.

Everything is good to go after a little hiccup. I have been considering redoing 3 Panzer(?) parts behind the exhaust vents as I made them for the Walmart Toy so I just need to scale them up, but they would be separate anyhoo so order without fear. Also,as many here I have about 5 or six projects going on at once so I may not get to my Falcon for awhile. Or I may work on it this weekend! Who knows? Thanks for the interest in my parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back