A few Special Deagostini Modifications myself

Fett_Ish

Sr Member
As with many here I welcomed the chance to build a large scale Falcon. I love Studio Scale models, but I'm not a Studio Scale builder. I am not replicating a studio model, I'm building the Millennium Falcon. I am a 3D Artist by profession, but nothing "fun", generally I visualize aerospace,architecture, and at the moment, naval machinery. I got into 3D because I love to model, and now the tech allows pixels and polygons to print. While I have bought others cockpits and quad guns, I had modeled and printed some parts for the Walmart special Falcon and wanted to scale those up and make some others for my Deago. I prefer many details from the five footer so those are the parts I'm making. I also bought an Airfix 1/48th Hawker Hurricane to butcher for the engine deck. pictures are of my deck as it exists, FalconDeck.jpg my quad gun top,MF_QuadGun.jpeg and some pics of whats being printed (almost finished!).MF_Cluster.jpgMF_A.jpgMF_B.jpg While I have modeled and printed the Panzer deck for the Walmart Falcon, I am waiting to see how the Deagostini versions look. Please let me know what you think!

Lookin good bro. Your 3D designs came out fantastic! I would love to have some sets of those B70 Valkyrie engines I see in your renderings. The blank tubes of the 32" have always been a bit boring compared to the 5 footer.

I am in the same boat and trying to add more 5 footer flare to my build. I haven't posted updates in awhile as I have not taken any pics but that is soon to be remedied, lol.

Finally printed and added my deck details. Took a little license to the piping. Working on Nico of SciFiModels scale Koolshade, awesome but a strain on the eyes and patience. Next will be the McLaren parts for the mandibles,anyone have a side view of that part? I can only find a top view in kit scans. I also made the circular parts for the back of the corridors, but not primed yet, they can be seen in one of the below pics. Please let me know what ya think.
DeckNoPrime_zpsbff6f1kb.jpgValkPrimed_zpsvhr1a4ld.jpgDeckPrimSide_zpsn0zpnbai.jpgDeckPrimedTop_zpst8p9idpt.jpg

bwize, thank you very much,let me take a look at putting them up. They are not 100% accurate, but at this scale whats missing isnt much. If more people had seemed interested I would have put all this stuff up long ago. I have to edit the files as I think I grouped the two end engines with other parts to save some space and in turn $$ on the print
Those printed parts look great. Sure wish those Valkyrie engines were up for purchase as they look awesome!

Thank you sir, with all of your Falcon builds you would know about details. While Im not super detailing, I'm trying to walk the line of adding 5 foot elements without deviating too much. I just decided last night that the plating on the upper hull,front quarter is getting removed and re-done to be closer to the five footer, and a little bit of change to the rectenna side. I think I am going to model and 3d print a couple pieces for the rectenna side greeblies that are not replicated on the 32' and then I can get to painting. I hope.

Great project

Go super detailed,....she already is a feast for the eyes,....I cant wait to see how she turns out

John

Thread title is a little misleading...........and in a good way. The great thing about this kit is the builder can take it to the top. Love the added parts fettish, looks great.

I just started issue 80, so add ons are still a little way off for me at the moment.

Thank you guys for the interest. I have modeled up the McClaren parts for the mandibles. Unfortunately, when I got the prints they were about 15% too big,and I also missed the fact that the details added on should be mirrored so I 'fixed" that and added the little part that sticks out off the bottom front ( this part is not totally accurate, but enough for me). I also made the Honda motorcycle part that goes near the pit on the cockpit side aft, I don't know why, but I like that part.

I also have done a bunch of mods to the cockpit, adding the pipe that runs from the top down near the koolshade terminating at a little greeble ( I used the attitude thrusters from Airfix Saturn V), as well as the plate the terminates the Koolshade and has that detail on it, as opposed to the 32' where the "grill" keeps going. This mod give the cockpit a more "stubby" look like the 5 footer.

The final 3D parts I am printing are; replacement of transmission on the dish side and the parts that go above,next to it. If anyone has any good pics of that transmission part I'd be very grateful.

Lastly, I have to move some of the plating around the dish as I am not a fan of painting panel colors but not having those panels. I have done it by the cockpit maint pit and Im quite happy with that. Also I am thinning down all the plating edges as I am going to mangle the edges like the 5 footer.

As far as putting my stuff up for printing, I'd be happy to, as long as people understand that these parts are to give the 32 incher the "feel" of the 5 footer. The parts cannot be duplicated exactly as they wouldn't fit. I use all the ref I can find, make the parts and then adapt them to fit where they go. I would aslo need to break hem up into "kits" that make sense for certain areas, i.e; turret greebles, Mandible greebles, antenna greebles. I'll try to get some pics up this week.

Some more progress. Been "moving" some plating and adding more 3d modeled and printed stuff. The Wankel isn't mine, it is so similar to the type of modeling I do for work that I couldn't make myself model it. I got it off grabCad. I believe it is Maruska. Not sure if that is right but he is a member here. I'll let the pictures speak for me and very much enjoy peoples feedback. This will never be a bandai 5 footer, but its MY falcon and there will be no other like her. I hope.....IMG_1731.JPGIMG_1732.JPGIMG_1734.JPGIMG_1736.JPGIMG_1737.JPGJawGrillsETC.jpg

Those are awesome! Sure wish that Mclaren M23 part on the forward mandibles was available for purchase. Guess I'll be scratch building that as well, lol.

bwize, I keep saying I will put my stuff up on Shapeways, I just dont want folks to be disappointed as I am just using the DeAg as a large base and not really measuring things to the millimeter and such. I'm just making stuff look good to me. I don't get much feedback either so you may be the only one who wants this stuff. PM me the stuff that you would be interested in and I will look at how to break up the sets for cost savings. The only thing I wouldn't sell is the wankel part as I modified it, but did't make it from scratch myself. Oh, also the quad cannon isn't mine.

Those are awesome! Sure wish that Mclaren M23 part on the forward mandibles was available for purchase. Guess I'll be scratch building that as well, lol.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back