Toycon Santa Rosa / NOT wearing my costume

eltee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Went to Toycon last year, had a blast and met some great folks. Cosplayers were awesome. I decided I would try going this year in costume, maybe win an award for oldest cosplayer or something.

The parts of my tactical uniform I kept when I retired from police work were mostly identical to the uniforms worn by the Raccoon Police Department SWAT (no, not S.T.A.R.S., SWAT) members. Over the year I gathered the parts I needed including RPD patches, etc. I already had an RPD shield and pistol replica. So my costume was 75% my old SWAT gear from work and 25% purchased Resident Evil prop replica stuff. Since most of the gear was my own, including the tactical uniform and helmet, everything was fitted to me and very comfy so walking around the con for a couple of hours would not be an ordeal.

I was planning to go with two friends who are still active duty cops, one my old partner and another who is a fed.

Due to the current anti-cop climate and the fact that in the Resident Evil RPD I pretty much look like an active duty cop, I am not going in costume. I don't need to risk someone starting something. Sad. Maybe next year.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back