"Tie Killer" Y-Wing Based on Dave G Open Source

Thank you!
Vintage-Airfix-Harrow-steam-train-00-scale-model-_57.jpg

Last edited:
Ho My.... I was going through all my kits to try to find it but I did not check My Arrow kit box.... :(

Thanks a lot dirtydave.

This is a shot taken from the Ladd Y. Can anyone confirm that this same strut on the starboard engine can is also on Tie Killer? I can't find an image where I can see this area clearly.
SW_ANH-YWing11 (1).jpg

Thanks fellas! I decided to go with the studio model as it looked during filming minus the giant steak on the forward fuselage. I just can't take that one area. Personal preference. I even went with the greens, but made them a really muddy green which is also a personal preference.

What blue grey color did you end up using for the cockpit/stripes as it looks dead on!??

Thanks! Based on your work and access to these models, that's saying a lot. I really wish I could give you paint colors or ratios, but I just mix stuff together until I like it. I have a bottle labeled "Y-Wing Grey" I mixed up a few years back. I mixed it with the intent of matching Gold Leader's canopy and stripes. I just remember mixing white and a tad of black to give me a light grey, then slowly added blue until I thought I was close. I spent a number of years in the Photography business and developed an eye for color correction of photos which is pretty similar to mixing paint.

Well Fellas, I'm officially calling her done! But, are you ever really done LOL? I'm sure I'll keep tinkering with it. I put in a glass base so I can see the bottom without crawling under it. I have a bevel around the base so I can eventually put on a Plexiglas cover. I can turn the lights on and off by an external switch I have installed in the back of the base.

Once again, special thanks to Dave for making this possible!
3X1A0756.jpg3X1A0776.jpg3X1A0766.jpg3X1A0760.jpg3X1A0786.jpg

Attachments

• 3X1A0771.jpg
    3X1A0771.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 407
  • 3X1A0777.jpg
    3X1A0777.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 3X1A0780.jpg
    3X1A0780.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 3X1A0765.jpg
    3X1A0765.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 3X1A0754.jpg
    3X1A0754.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 3X1A0744.jpg
    3X1A0744.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 401
Great job! Perfect paint job. I love the cockpit color, and was going to ask how you nailed it. Then I re-read the above. Nice eye for the colors!

Re: "Tie Killer" Y-Wing Based on Dave G Open Source

Beautiful work there Mike. Love your paint skills, it's been a long haul and imagine you're relieved!

I'm glad to have met you through this open source project, and kudos to DaveG.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Re: "Tie Killer" Y-Wing Based on Dave G Open Source

Beautiful work there Mike. Love your paint skills, it's been a long haul and imagine you're relieved!

I'm glad to have met you through this open source project, and kudos to DaveG.

Cheers
Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Ron, same here. Glad to have met you through this open source and thanks for everything!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back