"Tie Killer" Y-Wing Based on Dave G Open Source

Sorry about that,

Right%20Side.jpgRight%20Side.jpg

So here is my very ruff mod I did to the bottom of the neck before sanding and cleaning it up so that the Morgan part would work. I ended up trimming slightly less than an 1/8 of an inch off the length of the Morgan piece to get the correct fit. I actually don't mind the neck a tad shorter than the original miniature. Just a personal preference as I felt the neck was a little too long anyway.
20161026_133707.jpg20161026_133755.jpg

So here is where I'm at right now. I've been working on the bottom quite a bit and decided that I think the detail there is cooler than the top. I love the way it is all laid out and doesn't seem to have the randomness of how the top is laid out. I also decided that I will take it to a certain point when considering the accuracy of all it's parts and then paint it. As I find some of the smaller parts that are located within the recesses of the neck I'll add them later. There is no sense, in my opinion, to have this thing sitting for years without being displayed because I don't have a few pieces that you can't really see anyway. However, I'm still a long way from getting to painting it.
20161028_191649.jpg20161028_191449.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of major parts I have remaining to yet identify. I've been searching daily to try and find some of them, but you know how it goes (needle in a haystack). If any of you know, I would greatly appreciate the help. #3 may actually be a couple of pieces, but can't tell for sure. Thanks.
30.jpg6.jpg

Hammer you are a machine! Jagdtiger is the right one! Thank You! And I would have never thought to look at the LeRhone

Well--when I think T.I.E killer--I think of a Gunstar in Death Blossom mode... ;)

Just the thing for Krall's Bees too. I want cross-overs

Has this part shown here on the back of the canopy of the Ladd Y been identified? If so, would someone mind sharing? Thanks
SW_ANH-YWing8-1.jpg

Got some work done over the Thanksgiving holiday. I added all the little raised panels on the cockpit using .015 styrene sheet. I finished the recessed side walls and started adding some pipes. I can't believe how much beefier the overall look to the Y is after adding much of the kit parts and adding pipes.

20161127_105634.jpg20161127_105440.jpg20161127_105534.jpg

I also have the rear bulkhead installed and am excitedly waiting on Gus' cockpit interior.
20161117_134528.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back