Redlettermedia appreciation thread!

Hmmm... don't know how I feel about this. While not a fan of the flick (didn't love... didn't hate), I don't feel I really care to watch a Plinkett breakdown.

But then they always have something to say and do a good job at backing up their opinions, so have it at.

Last edited by a moderator:
That woman annoys me so much.

Ha! I'm trying to get her to voice a character in a short animated series I'm doing.

Something about her awkward/bored tone works for me.

Her screen junkies show is not my favourite, but her own YouTube vids are great.

RedLetterMedia is the greatest Youtube channel of all time. They have influenced it in the last 10 years more than anyone could know.

Mike, Jay, and Rich are kings. Jack is annoying sometimes, but at least he adds something. Josh is mediocre on all accounts and a SJW in his personal life, which easily makes him my least favorite.

Favorite series is Best of the Worst, specifically the wheel episodes. Nerd Crew is a close second. It's dripping with sarcasm, I can't get enough. If podcasts were actually like that, I might watch them.

Oh, and new Plinkett review is out now, if no one knew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaEoVnVxvGs
While not a fan of the flick (didn't love... didn't hate)

High pain tolerance on you.

RedLetterMedia is the greatest Youtube channel of all time. They have influenced it in the last 10 years more than anyone could know.

Mike, Jay, and Rich are kings. Jack is annoying sometimes, but at least he adds something. Josh is mediocre on all accounts and a SJW in his personal life, which easily makes him my least favorite.

Favorite series is Best of the Worst, specifically the wheel episodes. Nerd Crew is a close second. It's dripping with sarcasm, I can't get enough. If podcasts were actually like that, I might watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc&t=0s

Surprised it was out that quickly! May try to watch tonight...

As for the crew... I really like Jack... it took me a bit cuz I saw him as a guy just trying to fit in, but after Pre-Rec he grew on me, and is a great matchup for the rest... just slightly on the outside.

I don't wanna crap on anyone, but I agree on Josh.Not great. To be fair, he definitely has his moments, but few and far between.

But then I used to HATE the Canadian, Colin, that would drop by, but his Bladerunner discussion had me laughing my ass off, and the last Best of the Worst was hilarious.

So good luck Josh!

Well checked out the Plinkett Review of GB16

Really good. And really happy it wasn't just more of the "Women and GB" complaining or breakdown of why it was a big deal.

Instead they spent most of it explaining why it didn't work on a stylistic level... a Rom Com feel in a sci-fi flick.

Worth watching.

Also the Sony sell out stuff is always great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc&t=0s

Nerd Crew might have just been a joke show, not a regular thing.

4 episodes already though? I feel it'll slowly become a regular feature, but on a lot slower schedule, unlike HitB or BoTW.

You just gotta give Collider and Screen Junkies some time to make more horrible stuff to make fun of.

*That said, I do like honest trailers and movie fights... it's the discussion panels that hurt my head.

I would actually listen to a nerd crew commentary where they just state exactly what's on screen and praise it (like Collider did with The trilogies)

You just gotta give Collider and Screen Junkies some time to make more horrible stuff to make fun of.

*That said, I do like honest trailers and movie fights... it's the discussion panels that hurt my head.

I would actually listen to a nerd crew commentary where they just state exactly what's on screen and praise it (like Collider did with The trilogies)

Funny enough, I recall unsubbing from Screen Junkies awhile back when they DID start their inane podcasts. And the Honest Trailer bit was getting old too. Yeah, real podcasts are just the worst.

Good lord... You guys gotta see this.
Creatively bankrupt Hollywood will pay you $50 to steal your ideas:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back