Redlettermedia appreciation thread!

Re: Redlettermedia appreciation thread! - Gremlins Commentary!

Yup, I pretty much watch all their stuff. I should probably get a copy of Space Cop one of these days.

Yup was just gonna post that!

The first 4 minutes had me laughing so hard last night I woke up my wife... who was already in bed upstairs.

Man, I could hang with these guys... We see eye to eye on every flick.

Must become famous enough to invite myself on "Best of the Worst"...

Yup, I pretty much watch all their stuff. I should probably get a copy of Space Cop one of these days.

Space Cops a weird one because it's good... not great... and people are attacking them for making a "bad" movie, when all they do is criticize movies.

But here's the thing, Space Cop isn't a traditional comedy... it's 90 minutes of the same humor they do on all their youtube shows. They aren't "Trying to make a bad movie" they "made a movie in the style of their comedy" which just seems off to see in long story format.

No one complains when they do their crappy effects on their "story lines" for the VCR repair shop on "Half in the Bag".

It's a long Half in the Bag... in Space... with Patton Oswalt cameo.

Space Cops a weird one because it's good... not great... and people are attacking them for making a "bad" movie, when all they do is criticize movies.

But here's the thing, Space Cop isn't a traditional comedy... it's 90 minutes of the same humor they do on all their youtube shows. They aren't "Trying to make a bad movie" they "made a movie in the style of their comedy" which just seems off to see in long story format.

No one complains when they do their crappy effects on their "story lines" for the VCR repair shop on "Half in the Bag".

It's a long Half in the Bag... in Space... with Patton Oswalt cameo.

I normally agree with everything they say,....but there are so many inaccuracies & exaggerations about this review,.....its almost as though they made their mind up before the film,....or had a skinful before they saw it

They are normally spot on with every detail,.....but very vague with this one

J

I normally agree with everything they say,....but there are so many inaccuracies & exaggerations about this review,.....its almost as though they made their mind up before the film,....or had a skinful before they saw it

They are normally spot on with every detail,.....but very vague with this one

J

They seem about as vague as with the initial TFA review... I'm pretty sure it's cuz they only saw it once...

And of course it comes down to your own thoughts on the flick, mine echo'd there's pretty closely, so I saw no probs, heh.

They even were mocking the forgettable names, which I was doing the night of to my buddy.

"I liked Rakto Fleekor!"

"Which one was that?"

"I DON'T KNOW!!!!"

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems to me they are a little butt hurt that most people don't agree with their group think on Rogue One.

It seems to me they're making fun of people who take this stuff too seriously. And movie critics who are afraid to actually critique movies.

this was great.

And they aren't butt-hurt at all over Rogue One disagreements - they're viewership has gone WAY up since trashing Rogue One....

I personally hated Rogue One, so this has been fun to watch.

Watching them take the **** out of Collider is fun too.

I tried watching the Collider commentaries for Star Wars movies... they literally have NOTHING to say. 6 movies and not one original thought.

And Rich Evans is an American Hero...His reaction to the Ghostbusters Star Wars toy was gold... just wish they could get more Jack in there though.

Last edited:

this was great.

And they aren't butt-hurt at all over Rogue One disagreements - they're viewership has gone WAY up since trashing Rogue One....

I personally hated Rogue One, so this has been fun to watch.

Watching them take the **** out of Collider is fun too.

I tried watching the Collider commentaries for Star Wars movies... they literally have NOTHING to say. 6 movies and not one original thought.

And Rich Evans is an American Hero... wish they could get more Jack in there though. His reaction to the Ghostbusters Star Wars toy was gold.
Both collider and screen junkies are the worst. They're like jocks pretending to be nerds because they see how popular the big bang theory is

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Both collider and screen junkies are the worst. They're like jocks pretending to be nerds because they see how popular the big bang theory is

Screen Junkies has had some entertaining "Movie Fights" but not when it's their own crew... guest fighters are when it's entertaining (Max Landis)

And Screen Junkies at least does Honest Trailers, which can be great... Collider is just a waste.

But yeah, overall, both are pretty terrible.

Redlettermedia and Jenny Nicholson right now are knocking it out of the park. She needs to guest with them.

Jenny Nicholson is like, the world's most sought after bachelorette at this point. (Mind you, I have no idea how old she is. She could be 17 for all I know)

Nerd Crew is great. It came just at my tipping point on Collider and Screen Junkies commentaries on every tiny stupid thing that comes out.

This guy does great compilations of what they're mocking....

Me, Personally, I love the Nerd Crew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back