MCU Spider Man HOMEMADE Suit BUILD (Vigilante)

Insignia

Hey everyone! (no pun intended) Insignia Here. First build thread! Hopefully this will all go according to plan :). This thread is going to be for documenting and hopefully helping others build the homemade suit in Civil War that Peter Parker is shown to have in his brief introduction when he meets Tony Stark. I'd like to thank ClayTheSpider15 for his thread on the same suit providing me with inspiration and motivation for deciding to finally get around to this. Link to his thread right here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260778

So, if you've read this far, you're probably getting kinda bored with the intro. My main goals of this project are fairly straightforward: 1.) As close to screen accurate as possible (since we don't have any good shots of the suit currently as of 9/18/2016) pretty self explanatory right? 2.) Function more as a "back up" Spidey suit cosplay that you can just throw in a bag for a con if something happens to your primary suit, or just to carry with you everyday if you want :D And finally, 3.) total cost hopefully should be less than $30*

*this is subject to change, no guarantees :lol

First off: Reference: (feel free to add any extra reference photos you feel could contribute to this build)

HomemadeSuit.PNGIMG_0712.PNGIMG_0711.PNGIMG_0708.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0647.JPGIMG_0347.JPGIMG_0346.JPGIMG_0345.JPGIMG_0714.PNG

(Just going to keep these as a spoiler to keep this a little neater)

Explanations for photos will be edited in when i have more time.

I'm going to be wrapping up this post right now since my hands are getting tired :lol. This thread will be updated as frequently as possible, but no promises. I will also try to respond to messages and posts as in a timely manner as well.

-Insignia

Last edited:
Dude, that's awesome! I seriously can't believe someone was inspired by some punk like me! If you want, you can pm me and I can help you out with certain parts

Dude, that's awesome! I seriously can't believe someone was inspired by some punk like me! If you want, you can pm me and I can help you out with certain parts

Sounds good man! This build would definitely benefit from as much input from others as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok everyone, picture explanations:
1st- standard front view of the suit.
2nd- close up front view of the web shooters for reference
3rd- view of gloves on the suit. They appear to be black on the palm side with white fingertip pads? Any insight anyone?
4th- another web shooter view
5th- web shooter concept art (I will loosely use as a reference and use the movie frame captures more as a guide)
6th- close ups of the suit
7th- lenses. Will be using cheap welding goggles as a base
8th- back of merchoid hoodie. May use as a guide
9th- front of hoodie. Will use this spider logo (probably)
10th- drop down from attic scene. Notice the glove

so yeah. Take a look at these photos for yourself and comment what you think.

Well, using my thread as back up for this, user spiderkid2099 posted that the gloves were fingerless based off of this photo from the movie. Judging by the way that it looks, I think that the black part maybe IS there, but we can't see anything from this angle... But I mean, who knows. Also, from the Russo Bros, Spidey used welding goggles with a shutter lense mechanism on the eye pieces. How someone will pull it off, I'm not sure. For one thing, there doesn't seem to be any visible mechanics, but they might be inside the goggles.
image.png

Well, using my thread as back up for this, user spiderkid2099 posted that the gloves were fingerless based off of this photo from the movie. Judging by the way that it looks, I think that the black part maybe IS there, but we can't see anything from this angle... But I mean, who knows. Also, from the Russo Bros, Spidey used welding goggles with a shutter lense mechanism on the eye pieces. How someone will pull it off, I'm not sure. For one thing, there doesn't seem to be any visible mechanics, but they might be inside the goggles.
View attachment 666167

I totally agree with this picture and the fingerless gloves, but I can't explain the other side photo showing the black on the back side of the gloves. I plan on using the welding goggles shown in your thread and making an insert between the lens and the screw on cap to make fake shutters that won't actually move, at least for the time being.

Ok I know it's been a while, but I still am working on this suit on the side. For an update, I have just ordered welding goggles similar to these pictured. Thy should arrive soon, and I will update again when they do.
3cdfc5f5ced27e1459ceb67da6e93021.jpg

Ok so I received the goggles from amazon today. They are pretty nice, however there is a blue pattern on the elastic. Quick touch up with a black sharpie covered it up pretty well though. I did a quick mock up of the camera shutters with some scrap plastic too. [emoji3]
14596909e9d2e133a98dd96f514d87db.jpg
c5207145cfef8d2fa64d325743884ea5.jpg
7f94d18e496d162f51d826c2e33fa1b6.jpg
967fe5ed1f98b22f18c72dd5a85e71ae.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back