What Are Your Favorite Fast Food Toys?

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With Halloween just around the corner, it got me thinking about how excited I would get (and still do) about Halloween season. I remembered around Halloween in '97, Burger King had Universal Monsters toys in their kids meal. I was already pumped watching House of Frankenstein 1997 on NBC so I had to collect them all. To this day they are by far my favorite kids meal toys. With Dracula rising out of his coffin, The creature from The Black Lagoon squirting water and Frankenstein's Monster with a his head lit up when placed on the operating table! These were the best toys!

1.jpg
Burger+King+Monsters+7__OTIS.jpg 0894-bk-drac3.jpg

So what were your favorite fast food toys?

Attachments

• 0894-bk-drac3.jpg
    0894-bk-drac3.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Burger+King+Monsters+7__OTIS.jpg
    Burger+King+Monsters+7__OTIS.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,042
My all time favorite would be when McDonald's had Playmobil figures in the 80s. I think I still have like eight western sheriff figures. Second to that would have been when they had Hot Wheels cars. These were real metal Hot Wheels, not the plastic ones they use now.

McDonald's had, IIRC, two series of 'Transformers' knock-offs called Food Changeables or something like that: plastic replicas of Mickey D's food items about the size of a child's palm that would open up to reveal crude 'robots.' I was very fond of those after the fact, and would occasionally pick one up at a yard sale or some such thing in the 90's.

Speaking of BK's Universal Monsters:

http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/bk-monsters-1997/

My all time favorite would be when McDonald's had Playmobil figures in the 80s. I think I still have like eight western sheriff figures. Second to that would have been when they had Hot Wheels cars. These were real metal Hot Wheels, not the plastic ones they use now.

Towards the mid 90's when the Hot Wheel became ALL plastic and I had no interest in those!

Growing up in the 80s, McDonald's Happy Meals always had the best toys. Playmobil figures as mentioned above, mini Lego sets, and I think my favorite were the Muppet Babies figures. Kermit with his skateboard and Gonzo on a big wheel where the coolest. Also, the Looney Tunes\DC character mashups were pretty cool, too. I think I still have my Daffy in Batman costume and Taz as the Flash.

enhanced-962-1392858421-7.jpg

mcart1943-img600x242-super_heros.jpg

McDonald's had, IIRC, two series of 'Transformers' knock-offs called Food Changeables or something like that: plastic replicas of Mickey D's food items about the size of a child's palm that would open up to reveal crude 'robots.' I was very fond of those after the fact, and would occasionally pick one up at a yard sale or some such thing in the 90's.

jJg9h.gif

SonicMcDonalds%2B%25283%2529.jpg

This is was the first sonic the hedgehog toy I could get my hands on. I lived for sonic back in the early 90s. And believe it or not it was very hard finding sonic stuff back then. I walked to my McDonald's every weekend to try and get him, I had every one but him, I then bought it off a class mate of mine for $1.50 all in quarters. He bought a bunch of cookies at lunch.. I still have this today somewhere boxed up, the one pictures isn't mine but looked just like this

one of my all time favorite toys

Those robots that were disguised as food items, I go with the hotwheel cars that McDonalds had in the early 80s (sadly it's one of the few memories i have of my one grandma too), and those Super Mario 3 toys that they had in 1991 that are worth a fortune. I actually tossed out a lot of those things over the years, i remember the muppet baby toys too. Anyone else miss getting your food in the foam containers that actually kept them warm? To hell with the environment i want to go 15 minutes from the drive thru to my house without a cold sandwich in a paper wrapper lol. Anyone else remember in the early 90s the happy meals that came in trick or treat buckets?

That last mcboo picture made me laugh as that transformer head is probably worth a good bit as are the MUSCLE figures. They later came out with a second line of McBoos that was a ghost, pumpkin, and a witch i think. Honestly I think we still have some of them out in the barn, my dad used to use them for decorations at halloween. I think the only Changeables I had was the burger and the fries.

I forgot about some of those. I think the Muppet Babies and a couple transforming McD's toys are floating around at my parents' house somewhere. I know my nephew has some of the LEGO sets mixed in because we got a bunch of those too. A lot of the stuff they got in their meals was just junk that they played with for a second and then threw it in a plastic tub with random toys in it.

Oh another one I forgot about was Mr. Men (yeah I didn't know the name either: http://www.mrmen.com/ ). Arby's had the little figures sometime in the 80s. I remember trying to get my mom to get Arby's to get all of these. I think I only had about 5 maybe.
2542199756_988b1e367c_b.jpg

I wasn't into the happy meal toys as a child, I was more about the drinking glasses they would give away.
Like the Pizza Hut E.T. Ones, and the Burger King, King Kong glasses as well as the Star Wars ones. And the McDonalds Peanuts cups.
I still have many of those on display in my office.

I wasn't into the happy meal toys as a child, I was more about the drinking glasses they would give away.
Like the Pizza Hut E.T. Ones, and the Burger King, King Kong glasses as well as the Star Wars ones. And the McDonalds Peanuts cups.
I still have many of those on display in my office.

though off topic i had to reply, because i just thought of all my puppets from pizza hut! all the casper ghosts... BTTF glasses... pizza hut had some good toys

Not really a toy, but I remember riding my bike to Burger King to buy these glasses. I had to make sure I had the whole set. I've had each one of these since the day they came out and they've never been used. Not a scratch on them...brings back great memories.

ht21.JPG

I still remember getting all excited to get a flimsy plastic train or UFO container with my Happy Meal :D

il_570xN.699971839_o5b0.jpg

But my favourite toys would have to be the aforementioned Muppet Babies figures... I still have them buried somewhere I think....

But the best 'toys' that McDonald's ever gave away IMO were the plush Muppets... they were really well done!

def932be5c436a8c3f48959486c8cf98.jpg

Of course here in Canada these were pretty cool too:

mcdonalds-2003-nhl-trophy-set-with-stand_55759871.jpg

The Simpsons figures Burger King had in the early 2000's were awesome. I would recruit my dad's office manager to get them for me since I didn't have a Burger King near me.

I wish I'd been getting all the nintendo and sega ones over the last 20 plus years. It cost me a fortune for those Mario Bros 3 toys and they weren't even in the bags. I have a burger king delorean my friend found me i haven't seen anywhere else and can't find it on ebay to get another one. I used to like the lego sets in the late 80s you could get at McDonalds too. I'm also wishing i'd gotten those little hand held atari games that taco bell had a few years back. I never saw those GB toys from Hardees, then again we didn't have one when the first hit and by the time the 2nd one hit my grandpa wasn't really allowed to eat fast food anymore. I remember their California Raisins figures.

I wish I'd been getting all the nintendo and sega ones over the last 20 plus years. It cost me a fortune for those Mario Bros 3 toys and they weren't even in the bags. I have a burger king delorean my friend found me i haven't seen anywhere else and can't find it on ebay to get another one. I used to like the lego sets in the late 80s you could get at McDonalds too. I'm also wishing i'd gotten those little hand held atari games that taco bell had a few years back. I never saw those GB toys from Hardees, then again we didn't have one when the first hit and by the time the 2nd one hit my grandpa wasn't really allowed to eat fast food anymore. I remember their California Raisins figures.

is this the delorean?
tumblr_nn8kb7GqZq1tir2k9o1_1280.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back