3D Printing Iron Man MK46 Suit

Started doing more work on the back of the Iron Man suit and unfortunetly its not working out things are not alligning properly and if I sand it more its not going to allign somwhere else on the piece so I think its best to just reprint it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm having the same issue, but with the chest piece--too much warping going on. bought some PETG and am going to see how that works compared to my ABS build.

I'm having the same issue, but with the chest piece--too much warping going on. bought some PETG and am going to see how that works compared to my ABS build.
If you havent already check out TKCC7's mk46 build as he changed from ABS to PETG and loves the stuff he says its easier to work with.

I did take time to read more of his thread rather than cruising through progress pics and noticed he had made the change, which led me to trying it out as well. Now it is just a matter of having time to play with the print settings on my Taz 6. Good to know it is easier to work with, I was starting to loose it when all my pieces kept warping. But then again I am a novice at this.

I did take time to read more of his thread rather than cruising through progress pics and noticed he had made the change, which led me to trying it out as well. Now it is just a matter of having time to play with the print settings on my Taz 6. Good to know it is easier to work with, I was starting to loose it when all my pieces kept warping. But then again I am a novice at this.
Im the same like the amount of parts that warped on me sometimes I was going to quit but I do like ABS and have invested alot of time into it at this point to switch alot of my prints have come out fantastic.

the back was an early print and I think its ruined by the way I cut the pieces at the beginning as I jumped right in and wasnt 100% what I was doing but I do still get warps but nothing major that cant be manipulated or filled but looking forward to your progress with PETG :)

After reslicing the back and converting to gcode its going to take roughly 43hrs to reprint the entire back

Most of the new back complete(not glued) and i think its looking better :)
fcb461fe78cf4fcfbbfedba8342b0d3d.jpg

Printing the thigh this print is one of the ones im scared of as i dont know if it will fit and i can easily resize it but to have the proportioned right id have to rescale and reprint the suit again which id rather not do i have put on weight since starting this project but working on losing that extra weight.

So printed parts of the thigh im happy enough with it its a little tight but nothing too bad plus when its ready to be strapped it will sit better
0fb605acd52d98100b822772ef2591d2.jpg
b66221e84f7819db75dbe712dc5b5783.jpg

Hi all sorry its been a while I was working o my Thor Ragnarok costume(which I have a post here on RPF of the full build) for a convention this past weekend.

I am back working on iron man again and currently printing the left shin infortunatly i ran into an issue with my printer where the connector from the heat bed to the rambo melted so I had to replace that was an easy fix but took a while to identify but I sould have the shin printed by the weekend and posted here. Stay tuned.

Kind Regards,
James.

Got a lot of work done this weekend. Got the left shin done, the left thigh glued, the left knee done and the back glued. Also started work on the left shoe
29d5e3caaeda8b95367f17de607bd01c.jpg
f15bd6f3f22fb038b1743a0b83d9ca6e.jpg
7e0dd985da7bc9816206535febb77100.jpg
6410eb69c425a8513f3993f459d19024.jpg
6d6d1a38e9d5a50894cc9ef37ef81ef8.jpg
b3dcdaafa7d4ffb5bf7b35f0eaacc331.jpg
5582e7c82f531ac2d1d06fcca299b032.jpg
2c521ed976fdd9803715ec679d9b6243.jpg
260de6b04dc2407710b1b53e324cb42c.jpg

Ah cool ive never tried it before and sont want to try it on iron man have a thor hammer handle that i did for my thor costume that i would try it on

I can show you it in action this weekend if you want.

I also have a Joker toddler sculpt that I did it extensively on if you would like to see that.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back