3D Printing Iron Man MK46 Suit

I'm getting a Folger FT-5. The build area is so much better. I am building my own enclosure out of sheet metal so I can print ABS. I have 2 Flashforge Creator Pro knockoffs right now. They're great but I want something larger than the 7 x 6in build area.

Ah cools well good luck with your projects :)

Finally finished printing the chest next im going to retape it and make sure everything lines up correctly before gluing it :)

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

Started the gluing process its a little scary as it could turn out that all my work was for nothing if i glue it incorrectly but hey suppose thats part of the learning process but anyways this is what i have so far its not much but it seems to be going well :)

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

Sorry for the lack of updates been really busy lately but here is what I have so far

20170331_001556.jpg

Left side of the chest done bar couple of detail pieces

20170331_001551.jpg

20170331_001546.jpg

Helmet so far

20170331_001542.jpg

Right shoulder of the back

20170331_001537.jpg

Right lower side of the chest

Hopefully I can update this thread more frequently then I have lately.

I am not avoiding support i use it where ever its needed to get the best possible print i do understand your concern for wasted plastic but i can reuse some of that plastic to make abs juice/glue/slurry.

Can you expand on this a bit? Does this mean you melt down the plastic and use it to stick parts together? How do you do it, if that's the case?

Can you expand on this a bit? Does this mean you melt down the plastic and use it to stick parts together? How do you do it, if that's the case?

Basically i get a glass jar with a good seal then get 100% acetone which you can pick up at your pharmacy put in as much plastic you need/want then put in the acetone as much as you need then leave is over night and in the morning the abs would be melted and you will have abs glue. there are a few videos on youtube on how go do this.

Basically i get a glass jar with a good seal then get 100% acetone which you can pick up at your pharmacy put in as much plastic you need/want then put in the acetone as much as you need then leave is over night and in the morning the abs would be melted and you will have abs glue. there are a few videos on youtube on how go do this.

Awesome, I'll look it up. I'm looking to do some 3D printing projects now that I've got access to one at school. Thanks!

Awesome, I'll look it up. I'm looking to do some 3D printing projects now that I've got access to one at school. Thanks!

There are alot of youtubers out there that talk alot about 3d printing and prop making. I recommend the 3d printing nerd, punished props and thomas sanladerer.

For anyone curious this is how much waste plastic I have bear in mind its supports, failed prints and rafts. I have only printed the helmet, 45% of the back and the chest.

20170404_225940.jpg

Not to be a complete scrooge or anything but I got my files for the mk 45 for free, and I have printed about 70% of the suit now. I dont think I will need any fiberglass or reinforcement on the inside because its strong enough, even though its pla. I think I will use 12 kg before Im done. Great work so far on your build.

- - - Updated - - -

I melt my pieces together with my soldering iron, it becomes verry strong, but, im using PLA and it doesnt smell so.....might not work to well on ABS unless you have great ventilation

Hi all sorry for no posts lately I am working on the back section all the pieces are printed and I'm in the middle of gluing it will post pics when I have something substantial.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back