3D Printing Iron Man MK46 Suit

More progress on the chest

IMG_5283.JPG

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5285.JPG

Slow and steady wins the race. What printer and material are you using? I have the mk46 files also and it might be the next suit ...

Slow and steady wins the race. What printer and material are you using? I have the mk46 files also and it might be the next suit ...

Im using hatchbox abs on a original prusa i3 mk2. Cools When you start making yours post a link to it in here would love to see it.

Really happy the way this is turning out but the rest of the chest is going to look strange as I ran out of red abs and only have gold Im not a fan of the gold abs as it doesnt print like the red abs but sure we shall see :)

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

Just to let you all know hatchbox gold abs is the worst over ten hours printed in gold abs and the parts ar not useable even the last piece i printed in gold is terrible its warped that i didnt even notice until today

How successful have you been at avoiding having to print support? The only thing keeping me from printing a suit of this magnitude is that I think I would end up wasting so much material on support.

How successful have you been at avoiding having to print support? The only thing keeping me from printing a suit of this magnitude is that I think I would end up wasting so much material on support.

I am not avoiding support i use it where ever its needed to get the best possible print i do understand your concern for wasted plastic but i can reuse some of that plastic to make abs juice/glue/slurry.

I do the same. ABS welds are so much better than super glue. I guess I am just hoping someone has worked out a miracle that would allow me to save material. I'm about to buy a 3rd printer with a much larger build volume. I am going to get started on the MK 3 after. Then a MK 46. I am interested in doing the barebones after that.

I do the same. ABS welds are so much better than super glue. I guess I am just hoping someone has worked out a miracle that would allow me to save material. I'm about to buy a 3rd printer with a much larger build volume. I am going to get started on the MK 3 after. Then a MK 46. I am interested in doing the barebones after that.

I also use the leftover support material as solder to cover welded areas to strengthen the part. Helps as the connection is instant unlike using adhesives which require cure times. The part can then be strengthened even more with epoxy or resin later on.

What type of printer you going to buy? I recommend the original prusa i3 mk 2 and for abs you probably know but you will need an enclosure as the prusa doesnt but you can buy those foam interlocking floor mats and use them its what i do also if thats the one you are thinking of buy the kit its cheaper and you will learn alot more about the printer by building it and makes repairing easier if you know how it works etc

I'm getting a Folger FT-5. The build area is so much better. I am building my own enclosure out of sheet metal so I can print ABS. I have 2 Flashforge Creator Pro knockoffs right now. They're great but I want something larger than the 7 x 6in build area.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back