3D Printing Iron Man MK46 Suit

Do I think they are worth it. It took me a couple of days to decide whether or not to buy them as I wanted as accurate as possible and to me I think they are slightly more accurate than DO3D files but that's my opinion and I could be completely wrong as I haven't seen the DO3D files in person.
I already did a mark 43 from do.3D wasn't happy with the fittings especially near my pants they hurt you a lot as the legs of armor in movie are long as compared from one you genuinely have. After 6 moths I can't wear that thing again, before I was 5'8 and now 5,11.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I already did a mark 43 from do.3D wasn't happy with the fittings especially near my pants they hurt you a lot as the legs of armor in movie are long as compared from one you genuinely have. After 6 moths I can't wear that thing again, before I was 5'8 and now 5,11.

Thats not good that it hurt you did you add padding to reduce the soreness?

What did you use for padding? Was it EVA? Would upholstery foam be a better option?
It was EVA. If you're going for padding you should leave space according to thickness of foam you are using, the one I used was 5mm and 1cm respectively

It was EVA. If you're going for padding you should leave space according to thickness of foam you are using, the one I used was 5mm and 1cm respectively

Never even thought about giving that little bit extra for padding but i think it will be fine it looks like i should have a bit of room.

Helmet fully printed may reprint the top of the faceplate as it is slightly warped next is to sand the edges and start gluing
IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

I was wondering why you printed the top half in 3 pieces. Reason I'm asking is because I will get a prusa mk2 next week. Is the print bed not big enough?

I was wondering why you printed the top half in 3 pieces. Reason I'm asking is because I will get a prusa mk2 next week. Is the print bed not big enough?

Probably to avoid a central seam which would cause a ridge line due to warping/shrinkage that would be hard to Bondo out.

Hi Sorry about the late reply no it could have done it I split the model for time as I only have time to do it in short runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Thanks for all the kind words, Sorry all that I haven't been active life and all that taking over I need to re assemble my printer as I am tweaking it a little as the abs on one part kept lifting and I am unsure of when I will be continuing this build hopefully after halloween as I am working on a quick build for halloween.

Hi all finally started back printing the iron man mk46 started working on the chest piece so here is my first 2 prints of the chest(Sorry that the Images are sideways)

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back