Cable and Deadpool Cosplay

SuperSkeptik

Jr Member
For a variety of Halloween parties, my fiancee and I will be going as Cable and Deadpool. As a lifelong comic geek, I'd often tried to get her into comics, but it never really worked. Then the Deadpool movie came out and Katie fell in love with the character of Deadpool. She quickly read through every Deadpool comic I got her, her favorites being Cable and Deadpool and Kelly's run (she's still working on Uncanny X-Force).

So, she decided she'd be Deadpool for Halloween and that I'd be Cable.

Cable: The defining characteristics of Cable are his metal arm, white hair, glowing eye, scarred eyes, and pouches and guns.

Because I didn't want to spend that much money and don't have nearly the confidence needed to squeeze into a blue bodysuit, I decided on an apocalyptic, utilitarian warrior Cable. This way, I could reuse a bunch of my old Dystopia Rising LARP gear.

I'm wearing an x-men shirt I bought off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BK5HBTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which matches Deadpool's red and black theme. It's also pretty comfy and I'll be able to wear it on a regular day. Over it, an airsoft vest with plenty of pockets and pouches. My pants are some dark, beat up cargo pants. Boots on my feet, naturally. I didn't feel like making a metal hand, so I'm just wearing a glove over my left hand.

For weaponry, I have some old nerf guns of a few different sizes to spray paint black, one of which being a big one for me to hold on my shoulder, like Cable so often does.

I have short hair like him and I picked up some hair dye to dye it white. Katie got a bunch of liquid latex for her Deadpool scars and I'll be stealing some for the scar over his right eye. For the glowing eye, I'll be using some white and yellow makeup to create the glow around the eye. I could have done the contact look (expensive and scary) or the eyepatch look (blinding myself), but I figured this would be the easiest method, especially since I'll just photoshop the eye in the photos.

The arm I drew inspiration from on a whole bunch of Cable and Winter Soldier cosplay builds. The two main ones were http://a-twins.tumblr.com/post/66286488158/there-is-how-i-made-my-winter-soldiers-arm and http://cryptomancy.tumblr.com/post/84886203017/how-to-make-a-winter-soldier-arm-or-whatever .

Basically, I wrapped my arm in plastic wrap, went over that with masking tape, cut that off, reformed the cast and went over it with wood glue. Then, I went over it with a combination of wood glue mixed with water putty. Do a layer, sand, do a layer, sand. I got tired of sanding, so then I came up with the lazy idea of not sanding anymore. Instead, I'm going to do concentrated dripping on the arm, so it looks like the arm is more living. After all, it's a techno-organic virus and Cable is usually portrayed with having the arm looking very mechanical, almost factory-esque. Of course, as I do this, there's a very good chance I'll realize why this isn't a commonly done version, but hey, cosplay is great for experimentation. Once I've got the pattern down, I'll use paint to make it metallic AF.

I've attached a few pictures that I used for inspiration and more Deadpool stuff and other pictures to come.

Attachments

• Cable-art-X-Men-Marvel.jpg
    Cable-art-X-Men-Marvel.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 247
  • X-Men-Comics-Cable-20-Cover.jpg
    X-Men-Comics-Cable-20-Cover.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 244
  • xmensecondcoming.jpg
    xmensecondcoming.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 238
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back