Film Scores and Movie Music

I actually read an interview once with the composer for the newer series. He was only given 30 seconds for the OP/theme, and he wanted to incorporate the original theme into it. I think he did well for a limited time frame to work with.

Even so, you never heard the theme during the entire run of the show, EXCEPT for one shot where they recreated the actual intro to the show frame by frame. and even then, it was only 30 seconds worth.

I saw another post by the composer on FAcebook. he was appluading how all his material is 30 minutes of originality each episode.... and then went on to Diss the more highly remembered music bernard hoffer composed. calling it something like 'bad 80s electronic synth'.

I just pictured him holding a CD of the original music and looking down on it with a stiff nose up, sniffing as he threw it into a bonfire.
that kind of ego these days....no one respects what has come before anymore, or appreciates a legacy. They all have to put their own spin on it in hopes that their flame can ride the fan of someone elses to get ahead.

Meanwhile, the 'bad 80s rock' version will be remembered forever, and his is already forgotten.

I tried to find video of the new music to compare, but i can't find any :/

No, the Sabbath song was only used in the end credits. The rest of Iron Man 1 had a recurring theme all thru the movie. It was awesome and then disappeared from the rest of the movies.

Yeah, it is sad how the music has become so bland and basically ignored these days. The lack of themes, the lack of real emotion, that lack of tension is really missing in most scores, which has become nothing more than background noise in most part. Not only Marvel is guilty of this.

When thinking about what was so great about the two original Terminator movies, the scores definitely comes to mind. It was fast-paced and built up tension very well and complimented the severity of what was happening on screen. Then come T3 and the following movies and there's barely any of that in there. The car chase in T3 for instance is so utterly boring - discounting the idiocy of the TX being able to control cars like that. It just lacks tension. But... if you play the second and third track on the T2 score when viewing that scene you suddenly get a whole other exciting feel out of it - it adds unease, tension, danger and makes the whole thing look cool and actually makes the over the top stupid action less stupid. Try it - it's an eye opener. The movie itself is stupid. The music is half the reason why. The Terminator score isn't just the main theme... it is the feel, the beat, the very eerie fast paced tracks that compliments what's happening.

The example the video showed with Thor, then I agree: the emotional music was much better in that scene instead of that cheeky little tune.

Do you guys happen to vaguely remember a score? I don't know why, I thought I'd give a listen to the Power Rangers score from 1995. Oh my, it's just like I remembered, the score was good haha xD!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back