PropShop and JJ Industries helmet comparison

TheDentedOne

Just wanted to show some pics and measurements of the two helmets. The JJ is larger as you can see by the measurements but WOW is it a great and well made helmet. FYI I did not do the painting on the JJ helmet so I can't take credit for that. ;). I put the pics in my photobucket link below. PropShop is on the left in the pics

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/camblin82/library/Mobile Uploads?sort=3&page=1

For the helmet being made to fit Adam Driver's head I'm surprised how much smaller the propshop is. I've read that he does have a larger head and I have the JJ helmet, so it is pretty amazing to see how snug that must have been on his head.... Or did they slightly scale the propshop ones down like the Anovos to fit a typical wearer's head? I heard some rumor about a slight lower size for that purpose.

There are shots in the flick where I was surprised how small the helmet looked on his head... almost weird. I'm guessing it's snug.

I wear a 7 1/4 fitted cap which I think is an average size head. The PropShop fits loose on me. If I were to actually size it I would still need to add some tactical padding on the sides and forehead to keep it from shaking around.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back