Stephen King's IT (2017) (Post-release)

Thanks for the explanation. So what form did it take before Clowns existed?

what ever form "it" felt like using to kill people with. It can shape shift to anything out there. Plus clowns were around since the early days before America was even a scribble on a map.

So I have never read the book, and I only made it through the first half of the miniseries.

I'm going to this movie tonight and I have my doubts. I found the miniseries weird... and flat out dumb in parts. I've heard the book is even weirder. I hope this movie changes up a lot of stuff from the miniseries to add a little psychological trauma.

Speaking of, what is the ratio between jump scares and psychological thrills? I want the unsettling stuff that really hangs with you.

So I have never read the book, and I only made it through the first half of the miniseries.

I'm going to this movie tonight and I have my doubts. I found the miniseries weird... and flat out dumb in parts. I've heard the book is even weirder. I hope this movie changes up a lot of stuff from the miniseries to add a little psychological trauma.

Speaking of, what is the ratio between jump scares and psychological thrills? I want the unsettling stuff that really hangs with you.

Very little psychological thrills, at least for me. What I liked about the movie was the interactions between the kids. There are a few jump scares, but don't expect to walk away thinking about how disturbing this movie was days later. It's just not that kind of flick.

However, if you want disturbing, PM me for a few suggestions . . .

I think the adults are actually more disturbing than IT. I actually believe that It is an image of the evil and corruption that the town maybe had for generation? The parents feel even more dangerous than the clown itself. And the kids seem genuine afraid of them too.

Slt Emma

En fait c'est plus complexe que ça, Derry est infecté par le mal symbolisé par Ca. C'est pour ça que les meurtres passent pour des disparitions auprès des adultes etc...
Exemple tout con avec le père de Bev qui ne voit pas la salle de bain ensanglantée.
Les habitants vivent dans une ville habituée à ce que les enfants disparaissent. Le film est très éloigné du livre (il y a plein d'éléments importants qui ont été zappés). Exemple tout bête, dans le livre (si je me souviens bien) il y a un rapport étroit entre Bowers et Mike (entre les deux familles avec des crimes raciaux qui ont été commis etc...). Dans le livre c'est Mike qui connait l'histoire de Derry et non Ben (dans le film il connait l'histoire de la ville par coeur). Idem pour Patrick (le pote de Henry qui disparait), dans le livre le personnage a toute une histoire bien à lui (c'est un vrai psychopathe). Chaque personnage à son histoire et chaque histoire forme une histoire. Le téléfilm exploite beaucoup mieux le côté psychologique. Le film reprend seulement des éléments "physiques".

En fait, comme me disait une dame, ce n'est pas vraiment un remake, mais une modernisation du mythe.

Pour ma part très bon film mais aucun rapport avec le téléfilm ni le livre.

So I thought all the relationship building with the kids was really well done. I liked all the characters. The Pennywise parts were what didn't work for me. The scares were predictable... and sometimes maybe borderline boring. Overall I thought it was a solid movie. Way better than the miniseries. But I could have done with more effective scares, and less jump scare type stuff.

So I thought all the relationship building with the kids was really well done. I liked all the characters. The Pennywise parts were what didn't work for me. The scares were predictable... and sometimes maybe borderline boring. Overall I thought it was a solid movie. Way better than the miniseries. But I could have done with more effective scares, and less jump scare type stuff.

Ritchie is the worst character :facepalm
He only talks about sex and he's not funny

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back