Stephen King's IT (2017) (Post-release)

Re: New Remake of Stephen King's book IT.

Curry was the man for the job when the mini-series was made. He did a great job.

That teaser does it's job here too. That really looks like a good flick and a solid adaptation.

And not to cast Tim Curry. As much as I love Tim Curry as an actor, he couldn't be scary if his life depended on it.

Tim curry defines scary.

Tim-Curry-Rocky-Horror1.jpg

Seriously though. That was one freaky clown!

grid-cell-31039-1430802744-12.jpg

I loved the Tim Curry clown and pictured his Pennywise through each of the 4 times I read IT.

That said, this Losers' Club looks better than the miniseries (cept Beverly Marsh... perfect casting in the original)

I like this movie will focus on the kids, and if successful, they'll do the adult sequel... There's too much story for all of it to be in one movie.

Not really. When I showed the mini-series to my wife, she just laughed every time Tim Curry came on screen. I can't look at Pennywise without thinking about him singing "Sweet Transvestite".

I wonder if they'll handle the climax (heh) the way the book does. That would be VERY bold, and would tickle me to no end.

I wonder if they'll handle the climax (heh) the way the book does. That would be VERY bold, and would tickle me to no end.

If this were the late '70s early '80s they wouldn't think twice about it.
They did that kind of stuff all the time back then: Taxi Driver, The Little Girl Who Lived Down The Lane, Blue Lagoon, Walkabout, Meatballs...
We live in a much more puritanical society today, for some reason.

Looks great of course but the nostalgia is too strong. Does it really have to have the feel of a Spielberg movie? Do we really need the hipster version of the 80s? Why can't we get something we haven't seen a hundred times before?

Did they move it time frame from the 50's to the 80's for the kids? I'll have to watch the trailer again.

I actually thought it looked decent. I did find the Tim Curry Pennywise pretty creepy when I saw the miniseries but I was the same age as the kids then. This one looks pretty creepy too if not more, but I fear the bad horror tropes that may fill the movie.

Yeah, one kid is wearing an AIRWOLF shirt. 1st episode aired in 1984. Game came out in 1985. I don't have a problem with the era shift.

Maybe the second movie will take place in 2019, (34 years later) stretching the demons hibernation cycle a little longer than in the book.

That I completely disagree. He freaked me out in IT. I was a lot younger then, but still...

Oh yes. Freaked me the HELL out when I was a kid. Still does!

Anywho, I really want to see this movie but the Georgie scene is a tough one to watch, even in the original.

I think the trailer was pretty awesome. It made me interested in how they'll have done the rest of the film, that's for sure.

Not impressed by the trailer. Feels generic. I expect this to play like every other horror film of the last three years.

That's my biggest fear as well and I'm going to be cautious about getting my hopes up.

Idk if I like the era shift, even though I get it. But since I was an 80's kid, maybe that will have some subconscious-like effect lol

Im lost. Can you explain the book climax, maybe in the spoiler quote things?

Lets just say it has something to do with the birds and the bees and leave it at that.

That I completely disagree. He freaked me out in IT. I was a lot younger then, but still...

Same, then again I was 7 when I first watched it, and it scared me away from open drains for a while. Tim Curry still creeps me out to this day, though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back