Kylo ren cold cast lightsaber

lukyanov

Sr Member
Hello.
Maybe someone who buy Propshop's KR lightsaber can mold it than cast (liquid plastic)? I want to buy this version.

Please don't get mad at me. I am just confused and would like someone to explain it to me.

Going back and looking at past offerings etc., I have seen that members here buy production pieces, cast them and then sell them here and no one has a problem with that. They did not acquire rights to make copies and sell so how is that not re-casting???

Really even if you make it from scratch if you don't have a license and you do a run isn't that still recasting???

It just seams like it applies to some situations and not others.

I went through the rules, comments on re-casting, etc, and I am just missing why it's okay in some cases and not in others.

I have seen old threads where a member who borrowed or bought a production made prop, cast it, and started selling copies??? Why is that not looked down upon??

I am sincerely just confused. What am I missing??

I just want to understand as I would like to someday make and sell props but I don't quite get the rules.

Thanks.

I'm sure lots get confused about this

IMO,
taking any already made prop/design from any artist or company and casting/copy/reproduce and calling it your own work to make a buck, is recasting or bootlegging a product and a BIG NO-NO.

I suppose unless the person was giving direct permission from the original owner/maker/ or whatever to duplicate a piece thatd be allowed(but not 100% sure). Or if released free to the public like some do with their 3D print designs.

Yourself personally making something from scratch and cast It up or whatever and sell would be a-okay.

Example:
you make something and with all that hard work you put into making said piece you sell it. Now, that someone who bought it starts selling copy's and calling it their own without your permission.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back