Just Another DeAgostini Falcon (FINISHED)

Re: Just Another DeAgostini Falcon

Had to remake the gun well, couldn't live with the one DeAgostini supplied.

Cannibalised the turret by keeping the back wall and kept the front octagon ring so that I could mount it without any issues. With the front ring marked up I just extended the octagon to the edges of the ring, with measurements from the front and back I drew up a template, transferred it to some styrene and with a couple of scores where the lines were it just folded into shape and glued. Once the glue had dried it was just a case of fitting the front and rear rings had no issues there, like a glove. added some steps at the back along with some pipes and some spare I beams with some holes drilled in.

The only part of the seat I kept was the front part where every thing gets mounted on. Just needs a lick of paint and I am currently working on some artwork for the side walls. Not sure about lights yet.

20170211_115021.jpg 20170211_221122.jpg 20170211_221211.jpg 20170212_092525.jpg

20170212_092537.jpg 20170212_170845.jpg 20170212_170859.jpg 20170212_170915.jpg

I like the look of this. Is the depth of the gun well still the same as the original DeAgo part at all?

Had to remake the gun well, couldn't live with the one DeAgostini supplied.

Cannibalised the turret by keeping the back wall and kept the front octagon ring so that I could mount it without any issues. With the front ring marked up I just extended the octagon to the edges of the ring, with measurements from the front and back I drew up a template, transferred it to some styrene and with a couple of scores where the lines were it just folded into shape and glued. Once the glue had dried it was just a case of fitting the front and rear rings had no issues there, like a glove. added some steps at the back along with some pipes and some spare I beams with some holes drilled in.

The only part of the seat I kept was the front part where every thing gets mounted on. Just needs a lick of paint and I am currently working on some artwork for the side walls. Not sure about lights yet.

View attachment 706374 View attachment 706375 View attachment 706376 View attachment 706377

View attachment 706378 View attachment 706379 View attachment 706380 View attachment 706381

I prefer this one, I'm glad I went ahead with it.

The total length is 50mm, 5mm longer than DeAgo's if I recall. I will have to trim the tube that connects the two together which should only be 5mm each side, will also have to trim the hallway that leads to the turret, but this wont be seen. I am hoping there is enough room when fitting cargo hold. There should be. fingers crossed.

Got the turret painted up, there's also a pic of the template and artwork I made for the wall panels, printed them onto 150 gsm gloss, cut them out with the trusty hobby knife and then just used a glue stick to fix them in place. Not sure about the LED position, might change it later into the tunnel.

DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPGDSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_00015.JPG

turret.jpg

Have been using some cheap chalk pastels I got at an art shop for the rust, just give them a scrape with a blade and get a nice powder.

Was unsure for a while on what to do with the landing ramp on whether to have it open and make a scratchbuilt corridor but looking at reference pics I'm pretty sure that the pivot point on the DeAgo landing ramp is wrong, it looks to be a little bit further up (towards the centre) of the docking arm, also couldn't figure out away to re-attach the motor once the frame work had been cut away. Going to have it displayed in flight mode anyway.

Started painting the GearBox will post some pics when done.

20170218_144424.jpg DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0020.JPG

Hey vj ,
It's probably moot , seeings how you're going to display your falcon in flight , but there is a Shapeways product available re ; an alternative ramp and entryway setup . Pretty pricey though , but if I win lotto I'd seriously consider it . LOL !!!

Cheers Ged .

Hey vj ,
It's probably moot , seeings how you're going to display your falcon in flight , but there is a Shapeways product available re ; an alternative ramp and entryway setup . Pretty pricey though , but if I win lotto I'd seriously consider it . LOL !!!

Cheers Ged .

Is this the one that has an 8 part video instructions on Youtube?. The other reason is I don't have the issues, they are on backorder.

Yeah the one by Christopher MacBrian . Still haven't seen it installed to a Deagostini Falcon , but it looks cool ( and more importantly gets rid of that centre pylon on the ramp ) , and hopefully it'll work with no hiccups .

I'm still undecided about whether to use the motor or not . Your scratched turrets look impressive , and yeah hope it ' sits ' well with the hold as well .

Keep sharing mate , and good luck with the missing issues . :thumbsup

Had to grab this when I seen it, thinking on using this to display the falcon. Or maybe a scaled up version of the 1/72 FM Falcon stand, made out of perspex.

s-l500.jpg s-l64B.jpg

Just picked up issues 49 and 50, along with 4 back orders, placed another order of back issues. Slowly catching up.

Is there anyone that is able to supply me with the below measurements. Going to have a crack at building the engine from the Falcon in Battlefront, just need some measurements from the grill to figure some things out.

grill measurements.jpg

Revised the image to make things easier. Would prefer millimetres. Thanks.

grill measurements.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back