Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

I have two of the standard boards and had thought of using both.

My reasoning was, if you ran them independent of each other, it would be no different than is they were in two different models.

Since all the remotes are the same, certain functions of both boards (if used) should work simultaneously.

You would still have to be concerned on the draw you put on the 'ports'. I don't actually know what the limit is.

You may need to upgrade the power supply as well (I haven't gotten that far).

Has anyone successfuly mated two of the standard lighting boards? If so we're there any voltage issues?

Be careful with adding additional LED to the original board. There are only 3 transistors with max. throughput of 500mA per transistor.
Transistor Q1 is used for the ramp-lights, Q2 is used for the landing lights and Q3 is powering the other lights.
Q3 has to work with the most of the LED's.

on Page 3 of this thread you can find a picture of the deago board with the marked connectors and the responsible transistors.
the leds on the board using the connected power supply or the battery. The resistors for the leds are good for the battery (6V).
When you use the 9V power supply from deAgo, then the current through the leds increases according to the formula:
current = voltage / resistor
Means, additional lights might work fine with Battery, but be using of the power supply the current increase over the limit of the transisotrs on the board -> dead.
its happend on most of the boards, because if have replaced lots of transistors from deAgo boards....

Last edited:
Torsten, I've been away from this board for a while but following this thread. The board you have created looks amazing and you have obviously put a lot of thought and work into it. Is it available for purchase yet?

Tengel07 is correct. Adding additional lighting to the stock control board with AC adapter power is asking for problems. Trust me, I've already fried one. However, I currently have 2 stock control boards sharing power from a single 9V 1A AC adapter. This effectively doubles the available resistors. I have added about 30 additional LEDs without issue.
You still have to do your homework though and distribute your lighting equally across all six resistors to keep from overloading any. 500ma per resistor is your extreme limit. You only overload a resistor once then it's toast.

Basically all I want to do is run some additional lights for the cargo hold and a couple for fiber use. Could one drop the voltage and use a regulated 3 volt adapter to power the 2 stock boards? Would this work? What about using leds with prewired resistors?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the input BTW.

I don't know about using a 3volt adapter because the ramp motor may require 6-9v to operate. You'd have to test it. Also at 3v the lights may be a bit dim, but I don't think you'd hurt anything as it's usually over-voltage that cooks things. Leds with prewired resistors will work just fine as long as the resistors are rated for the same or above the adapter output. A good test is to light up the leds for an hour then touch the resistors. If they are hot to the touch they are working too hard and will likely not last very long.

Sorry to hear that tengel07 . Couldn’t find any information about it on Facebook when I clicked the ‘ link ‘ ?
On a side note , did you receive my PM from a couple of days ago ?

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
gedmac66 Take a look underneath the entry from David Brumby - real name David Woods and he has lots of fake accounts...
18-06-_2018_12-24-33.jpg

I will respond to your mail asap.

I'm not seeing the info, either. Did you have some customers file bogus Paypal claims to get their money back after you sent them their lighting kits?
Only one after 3 month he buy it...
in the facebook you can see comment from David Brunby (real name David Woods) and Sam Beattie (fake account from David Woods).

paypal has decided to get the money back without asking me about the problem - this is to much risk for me to sell more boards via paypal.

Only one after 3 month he buy it...
in the facebook you can see comment from David Brunby (real name David Woods) and Sam Beattie (fake account from David Woods).

paypal has decided to get the money back without asking me about the problem - this is to much risk for me to sell more boards via paypal.

How much was Woods' board? I might be willing to cover the cost of his board if it means that you don't get screwed and everyone else can get their boards.

Oh please, let there be some way of working this out.

These boards would fill a big hole in what I wanted my Falcon to be.

I can wire up LEDs and design basic circuits, but have no idea how to approach the effects/controls I know I want.

This would have been perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

I was even going to list it as a feature credit on the finished model.

Last edited:
General Info: i have closed down my production of board - you can read the full story on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/261858980820153/permalink/616543865351661/

Paypal believes more liars and cheaters. I'm out of business now.

I read the posts. It looks like that "David Brumby" is a real piece of work. Has PayPal actually closed your account or have you simply decided to call it quits. If the latter I would hope you would reconsider. I only recently found out about this board and how to purchase it. I was planning on saving money to buy it. Now, well that plan is down the tubes. I don't for a minute believe this Bruby character and would hope you can find your way to stay the course. There are always haters and trolls. Perhaps a "vacation" from all of this and then reconsider picking it up again. If not, we have truly lost a great resource, perhaps the only one, for custom electronics for the MF.

Ok, i postpone the "production" of new boards till 28.06.2018. Until this date the customer must provide the trackingnumber for the return delivery. It not - case closed.
After this date i will inform about the next steps... guess i will continue in July :cool

tengel07 ,

I finally managed to find the Facebook posts you were referring to regarding David Brumby aka Sam Beattie (?) . Sorry to see the way they were taking shots at you Torsten .
Also glad that others were defending your reputation . It’s funny that people can pretty much post anything on FB , from text to pictures and images ...

I’m wondering why nobody asked him/ them to post pictures of their ‘ damaged boards ‘ or the evidence you were asking for - the PayPal Info , packaging , orders , receipts etc ..?
He ( Sam ) just kept trying to deflect any questions directed at him regarding those imo .
I would have insisted on him showing proof of his allegations with pictures on Facebook seeings how he’d started the defamatory insults against you there .

Anyhoo , I’m glad things will be officially resolved for you one way or another with PayPal soon , and that you’re reconsidering the decision to stop production of your boards .

:cheersGed

p.s. Still looking forward to seeing your thoughts regarding my last PM :thumbsup

Ok, i postpone the "production" of new boards till 28.06.2018. Until this date the customer must provide the trackingnumber for the return delivery. It not - case closed.
After this date i will inform about the next steps... guess i will continue in July :cool

Great news! I am, and I am sure others are too, very relieved to hear this. I am sure you will be vindicated in the end and can then resume sales. Perhaps by then I can save up my money for the board, which is not to say that I think it is too expensive. I think, for what you get, it is a great deal and I am looking forward to being able to add this to my build.
Thanks!

Paypal will almost always side with the buyer in cases of dispute. It's the dirty little secret of their "Buyer Protection" program. They will never pay a claim themselves, but instead force the seller to refund the amount. And they will seize the disputed amount in your account as soon as a dispute is filed. As a seller, it's the price you have to pay for the convenience of using their service.
Though you can always choose to not use the service and require payment with a money order or personal check. It's the way we used to do it back in the old days before Paypal.
Yes you young pups, their once was a time before Paypal.

Hi, ive just been reading over the instructions you sent in the PM about the board and was about to buy one when i read the new posts here. for a minute there i though great as soon as i go to buy one they are gone. You could just request payment be sent using the "gift" option. that would stop people claiming back off you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back